Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Problem With Cruise

Old 05-30-2008, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so a while back i took my dash apart to install my led hvac. when i put it all back together my switch for the cruise control wouldn't even light up. i assumed i must not have plugged the harness in to it. but recently i took it apart again to install my gauges and i made sure it was plugged in. still doesn't come on

the first time i had it apart i cut the wire to the "ding box" so it wouldn't ding when i had the keys in and door open.

i also think i have the wrong bulbs in my brake lights, not led just not the right kind.

but i don't think the bulb would have anything to do with the switch on the dash. it doesn't even light up when i turn on my lights.

the fuse have to be good because everything else that is ran by that fuse works fine.

*i am not talking about the light on the cluster, im talking about the switch on the dash*

Any thought?

Old 05-30-2008, 10:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Check to make sure that the cruise control is actually not working first. Go do 45mph, push the button in on the dash regardless if it lights up or not, and hit the set button on your windshield wiper stalk and see if the green "cruise" lights up on the instrument cluster and it is working. The reason I say this is since I pulled my dash apart a month ago and put it back in, the light on the button hasn't worked, but the cruise control system still functions perfectly.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:17 PM

alright ill try it tomorrow on my way to work.

nj, you the man.

i gave it a try and it works. i dont understand it but i can deal without the light.

thanks
Old 06-01-2008, 02:50 PM

The light bulb itself may be burned out. Just do a simple power/ground test on the bulb socket to make sure that's not the problem... or do you have to pull the dash for this procedure? I'm not familiar with RD2's
Old 06-01-2008, 03:14 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you say the tail light bulb is the wrong kind, then replace it. The tail lights are part of the cruise control circuit and if you're having a problem, that's a cheap way to eliminate 1 easy thing from the question.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:05 PM

^my cruise works its just the light on the switch that doesnt come on at all.

and yes you have to take the dash apart
Old 06-01-2008, 05:30 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, it looks like the problem could lie in the connector in the dashboard, with the light or the switch itself. It would be odd for the cruise control light to go out. They don't usually go out.Attachment 513