Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Power Steering Pulley Removal

Old 03-29-2005, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering Pulley Removal

Anyone know how to get the pulley off of the pump itself? Its actually for my dad's santa fe but Im pretty sure they use the same if not very similiar power steering pumps
Old 03-29-2005, 04:05 PM

On the Tib all you do is losen the bolt that the PS Pump slides on then take an impact wrench and take off the pulley. Put the new pulley on, torque the bolt then re-tension the belt by pulling the PS pump towards you and then tightening the bolt you losened earlier.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:40 PM

hmm the santa fe pump must be different
Old 03-29-2005, 11:20 PM

Dude, i tried forever to get my pulley off and i couldnt, so i had to go with cutting the pulley in half to get it off. Well im still waiting to do that, my cousins car is in the middle of an engine swap, so im waiting for that to be done so i can get into the garage.

But yea, u may have a heck of a time getting it off.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:34 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650

I'm guessing you have the pulley w/o the spline. I don't think they are made to come off. I haven't taken 1 off a Tib but the pulley on a mates Ford hade to be destroyed to get it off, and the new 1 had to be heated (so it expands) and shrunk on.