Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Power Boost

Old 05-26-2005, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2000 Tib and i was wanting to get a little more power. I am just looking for something to make it a little faster off the line. I am not looking at spending a fortune right now anyways. I was thinking about a custom exhaust and and CAI, would that give me the power i am looking for? I look forward to hearing your opinions. Thanks
Old 05-26-2005, 08:33 PM

The CAI is a good start. With the catback you really wont notice a huge difference if you are still using stock headers and cat. I would go for the CAI then work on the exhaust bit by bit. Personally I would replace the headers before I got a catback. Just IMO.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:41 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

headers give you torque. if you've ever driven a FAST car you know you will never get up there without a turbo. i had to tuck my undies back in after i got out of the SVT Lightning.

my advice to you is to get headers. it won't be the fastest hog on the road. but it will outperform most cars.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:04 AM

Headers, CAI, pulleys.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:08 AM

1.8 cam is a good one too..cost around $100 shipped. Now before you ask questions on it, do a search wink1.gif smile.gif
Old 05-27-2005, 07:13 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ May 26 2005, 08:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>headers give you torque. if you've ever driven a FAST car you know you will never get up there without a turbo. i had to tuck my undies back in after i got out of the SVT Lightning.

my advice to you is to get headers. it won't be the fastest hog on the road. but it will outperform most cars.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>
haha ill have to take you a ride in the svt cobra sittin in my garage. youll lose you undies forever. but if you want power go for FI my only problem is i want parts and power and i want it now lol thats why im not saving for a turbo because i have to wait till i have 4g to get the power and im impatient..
Old 05-27-2005, 11:49 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

pullies give you a nice kick, i felt it better than my cai. good basic mods would be I/H/E and pullies could set u back as little as $600 for it all if u install urself