Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Possible GB for Performance Chip?

Old 08-25-2004, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: How I spent my weekend vacation (part 1)

http://www.powerchipgroup.com/index.asp
Please take a look at that page. There are a few testimonials from Tiburon V6 owners and an Elantra owner. If I could get the price down to $350 for the chip on a group buy, would people be willing to get this?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>In standard form, the Coupe FX 2.0 produces 140 hp and 133 lb.-ft.

Powerchip has a range of chips to suit your car, which can increase it's power to between 152 hp and 156 hp, and it's torque to between 146 lb.-ft and 148 lb.-ft.

The price of the Powerchip is USD $390.00.</div>

Please only vote "yes" in the poll if you would actually buy. I don't want to get 20 people saying Yes and only 5 people buying.

Anybody have any thoughts or opinions on this product?
Old 08-25-2004, 08:29 AM

Default Re: kspec manifolds

Here is my thoughts. I voted definately no and here is why. First of all you will have downtime on your car as you send the chip in. Second what are its real advantages anyway? You can do everything that can with an S-AFC and even more with an E Manage (both units you can get for $270). How does it act as you put more mods on? How does it reprogram itself? Im not tooooooooooo familiar with the hyundai ECU but I know our biggest problems as a far as the ECU goes is that its MAF based. Now if you could somehow get it to work with a MAP with installing a sensor and running or swapping wires then I would probably be all over it. Just why do this over getting something like an E Manange or an S-AFC that you can readjust without sending it in, and paying more money and having more downtime. Thats one of the main reasons I dont like the Alpine kit is because of the choice of piggyback. But there are a few others.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:51 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: 2004 ABQ BBQ - Who's Coming? (ABQ = Albuquerque New Mexi

Same here, no for me.

One of the RD members just posted about his results with it.

Not worth the money. Not to mention you'd have to get it re modded when you do anything new to the car.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Show us what you got

You ship your ECU to them. Whatever shipping method you use is how long it takes. They get the ECU, do what they do, and overnight it back to you. I could see it taking 3 days if you overnight it to them.

Will the S-AFC II really do all this will? Is it worth getting if you're basic N/A?
Old 08-25-2004, 10:30 AM

Default Re: 92-95 Elantra 4G63 Swap:90 E-Prom AWD ECU in my Elantra

An safc and an hour of tuning will get you higher results..
Also.. i dont think they will have much success with our ECU. Not that many people have been able to reprogram it.

Also.. If you ever go turbo.. you will have a hard time with tuning, as they will advance the timing on your ecu.

Me personally.. i rather use that money and buy a used nitrous kit and beat all the people in that group buy.
lol.gif
Old 08-25-2004, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Possible GB for Performance Chip?

I really want Nitrous... but a local Saturn blew his engine with a 50shot so it's kinda making me think twice. I seem to have a problem with everything I do to my car.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:11 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Wont start... *sigh*

don't get nitro. it's like cheating! lol. that plus your engine has to be made to handle that properly.not to mention if you get it you'll be showing off the nitrous and not your engine. i have a friend who has a nitrous. it gets boring...

do something greater with the money. 8)

ps--no chip for me. my car isn't up for it.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:49 PM

Default My experiences with PowerChip

I would say definately no, for two reasons.

Firstly I already have this mod, and secondly based so far on my experiences with it (which are still ongoing). As I will be chronicalling here:

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=Fo...=695&highlight=