Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Plugs & Wires

Old 10-01-2007, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just wondering what do you guys suggest i get for plugs and wires...I'm new to the modding world, I was gonna get htowires there on sale at my local auto parts extra, but I was told there crap any suggestions on which is best and not to hard on the wallet? same goes for plugs!
Old 10-01-2007, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

check out prdonline.com

alot of people on the board has them and you can get the color wrap...

as far as plugs...they really dont matter unless you are boosted...so just go with stock NGK...the part number is BKR5E
Old 10-02-2007, 12:27 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'm at the point where I'm going to suggest folks go elsewhere from PRD Wires.

The wires are great, until you need to pull them off. Then, we've had about 4 or 5 members whos wires have pulled right out of their connectors, to include mine.

I've been going through warranty with them for 6 MONTHS NOW to get them replaced, and they finally sent me a replacement set, and it's the wrong color. I had carbon, they sent me PURPLE.

Now they haven't replied to any emails since the 25th.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:38 AM

I'm starting to think the best thing to do is make your own wires, you can purchase a universal MSD wire kit(great wires in my opinion) for $50 and a crimpng tool, pull the terminals off your old wires and crimp them onto the MSD wires, if you buy a universal kit for a v8 it should have enough wire to make two sets for the beta, and the MSD have the lowest resistence on the market that I have seen 40 - 50 ohms, I'm gonna need new wires soon to replace my NGK wires, so I'll use the terminals off that set as doners for a new set.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:25 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

yup prd.is the bomb

them hotwires are just smoke and mirrors stay away from. them

BTW

Red Prd is haveing a problem with there junk mail setting because i have been emailing them for over 3 weeks and they just responded to me saying that was the problem.. this is a FYI
Old 10-02-2007, 05:55 AM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

are hotwires the ones with grounding wires that go to the front of the block? do they have capacitors, or both?

can someone explain how capacitors wouldnt help? i can understand grounding not helping, the plugs are screwed into the best ground in the damn car rolleyes.gif
Old 10-03-2007, 02:36 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Yes, hotwires are the ones with the ricer grounds coming off the wire itself, and yes those wires ground the capacitors that supposedly store the coils energy until needed for a spark.

But trust me, hot wires are junk, the coil pack connectors broke twice on mine and they don't add shyt for power or smooth out the idle.

I have the fastest NA tib on the forum and I am running stock wires. I have the hotwires up in the attic because they broke again and I don't want to throw $200 in the trash.

I don't see the need to upgrade to aftermarket wires if the stock ones are in good shape.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:25 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

PRS wires and NGK iridium should last about 8 years or so.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:30 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0t

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cham @ Oct 1 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I was just wondering what do you guys suggest i get for plugs and wires...I'm new to the modding world, I was gonna get htowires there on sale at my local auto parts extra, but I was told there crap any suggestions on which is best and not to hard on the wallet? same goes for plugs!</div>

Nice! Another Ottawa Tib. Eyecrazy.gif

Dude I work at APEX (on Merivale) havn't looked at what the Hotwires are going for but forget it and go with the NGK's. Your not going to see any noticable HP gains from any "performance" wire set, I don't car what anybody says.

The NGK's are high quality and really strong (I've tried to pull the boots off...unpossible). They come in a nice blue colour and arn't very expensive either.

Swing by my shop and I'll hook ya up.

And for plugs NGK Iridiums are suggested cuz they last hella long.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'd like to update you guys on PRD. Supposedly one of them was gone for 2 weeks, and the other one just didn't reply to my email but has supposedly sent me my actual replacement set now.
\
Good wires, but I dunno if 6 months is worth it for warranty work. I could be in the minority here though.