Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Please Help Fuel Filter

Old 06-02-2007, 04:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi there first service im doin on the tib and probs the fuel filter will not remove from vehical becuase the nut on the fuel linehas slipped please anyone help how can it be replaced if a cant remove the nut, how can i replace the nut. will i need to replce the pipe? how is it 1 pipe the tank or it made from extensions? what is my est option it is a buron with the twin lamps in the bumper an x reg thanks for your time
Old 06-02-2007, 05:25 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

Wow....

Ok translation:

Hi, I'm having trouble changing my fuel filter. The nut on the fuelline is stripped/stuck. Has anyone had this problem? What can I do to get the nut off and or replace it? If I need to replace it, is it all one long pipe or are there several smaller parts? What is my best option, I have an RD2.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:33 PM

thanks for the translation but yes what you have said is right. however the filter has been changed but i feel the same problem will diffently occur next time as the nut is not in good condition i need to replace that nut which is on the fuel line. am i right in saying it cant just be removed as the pipe is flared at the end is this true? any options. i know its been replaced so its ok but i dont want a bodge jobs so i aint it correcting and help guy or girls thanks
Old 06-03-2007, 03:25 AM

Vehicle: car

^^ You can cut the pipe, put another nut on it, and buy/rent a flaring tool. I don't know whether it is a double or single flare. Your other option it to replace the line. Go with number one if need be... And honestly, just be gentle with it so you DONT have to replace it.