Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Passenger Side Window Wiring

Old 08-26-2009, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a continuation from the topic below.
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=31326&st=0
Summed up, I wanted to replace the parts, but instead, I am going to wire them straight together. However, I ran into a problem.
The car side has 4 other wires that do not come up doorside, therefore I have nothing to wire them too. Also, with the 5 wires that I did put together, the window still will not work.

Notes: When I pulled the door off and saw the wiring, there was a lot of corrosion, and some had fallen off. I stripped the away, took out the white plastic connector pieces from both sides, put new wire in and put the door back on.

Witht he multimeter, I recieve the power for three wires, 1 constant, 1 whent he switch is and, and 1 when the switch it down. From driver's side controls, the up makes a click noise by the passenger side switch.

Now I'm curious to as if I need to replace the parts itself, passenger switch, motor/regulator, or are those other 4 wires leftover vital?
Old 08-26-2009, 09:13 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

Does this help you?

http://hmaservice.com/viewer/dispimg.asp?p...NG/B7SD324A.gif
Old 08-26-2009, 09:21 AM

Not really, its very confusing, and I had it on my old topic.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Check all the wiring on the driver side as well. My lambo hinge severed a couple wires. I would still get the clicking on the passenger when I tried to roll down the passenger window, but nothing would happen. After I went over every single wire, got a replacement switch for the passenger side, I found that a couple wires on the driver's side had been severed.

If you had corrosion on the passenger side, you may very well have it on the driver side as well. That would be the next place you should look.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:40 PM

No corrosion at all on driver side...
Old 08-27-2009, 01:26 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Well, you could always jump the motor. My window was down when I had my problem. So I just took a long piece of speaker wire, hooked up the + and - on the battery, and just touched them to the connectors for the window motor. It went down further, so I switched them around, and it went up. So I knew the motor was good...lol.

Probably not the best way to do it...but when it starts to rain, and your window is stuck down....you figure something out REALLY quickly.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:56 PM

Looks pretty buried deep in there, should I take it out? Or is there a way to get at it without ripping it out.