Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

P0301

Old 04-20-2007, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon Fx

Don't know about the TPS. Parts from the Yard should come with a 30 day warranty, so if they have another one, swap it out and see if you improve.

If you had these same symptoms before you got the TPS, then the chances of 2 TPS (your old one + this one) having the exact same problem is not all that likely.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:28 AM

I found out the problem, it was the plug wires. I pulled the #1 wire out while it was running and it was gounding to the cylinder wall. I think they were PRD wires though, well at least they look like the ones on the website. Thanks for the help man. I really appreciate it. (sorry if my spelling is a little off, i'm kinda drunk right now)btw they don't sell the seafoam at any of the local parts stores around me. but I went to work and got induction cleaner that we hook up to a vacum line. first time I forgot to put a drip on it and it smoked like a mother and kept cutting out on me. I got got it fixed today though so now my injectors should be clean(er) than what they were. anywho.. thanks again man.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:40 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon Fx

Glad it worked out for ya!

If they are PRDs, they have a warranty most likely, so you can get the wires replaced for free ^^

The PRDs I got had their logo on the wires... so its kinda hard to miss, and the wires are numbered at the ignition coil end. If ya don't have these... most likely they aren't PRDs heh. I'd suggest picking em up if you have to buy new wires anyways ^^

I'm in process of doing a complete cleaning, deep clean for the crank case and transmission followed by some metal hardener to make things last. I'll make a topic of how it goes when I'm all done