Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

P0301

Old 04-17-2007, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car started bogging on me when I gave it about 35% throttle. I read on here that it might be the plugs, wires or maybe the TPS? So I went to the junkyard. Found a TPS and put it on last night. It worked for about a 1/4 mile then is started bogging out on me again. Do you think the TPS I picked up was bad?

Some background information, Plugs were replaced tonight(all oil fouled), Coil Pack was replaced eariler this week. I think the wires were replaced not to long ago, but I have to ask Khara about it.

I know webtech says
<ul>[*]Ignition system related part(s) failed[*]Poor crankshaft position sensor signal[*]Incorrect air/fuel ratio[*]Low compression pressure[*]Engine coolant temperature sensor failed[*]Timing belt missing teeth[*]Injector failed[*]Engine control module failed[/list]I am pretty sure I can rule out the timing belt and incorrect air/fuel ratio. Do you guys have any suggestions for what I could test first?
Old 04-17-2007, 07:11 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon Fx

I got to the Fuel Injector part of this tree, fixed for me at that point. Good luck

Old 04-17-2007, 07:20 PM

thank you man, I guess I'll be doing that tomorrow on my day off
Old 04-17-2007, 07:48 PM

Vehicle: car

Oil all over the plugs? did you cehck your valve cover gasket?
Old 04-17-2007, 07:55 PM

No I havn't, all I have done was replace the plugs, coil pack and TPS. I havn't got much further cause i loose my light and it gets hella cold outside with 45mph wind gusts
Old 04-20-2007, 12:37 PM

ok I checked the resistance of the #1 and #4 injectors and both were the same. The gasket was fine, I'm thinking the PCV needed to be changed. I tryed measuring the resistance of the wires and I could not get a reading...and suggestions as to what else it could be?
Old 04-20-2007, 12:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^resistance doesn't mean they are good. If it's arcing through the plug boot or elsewhere that'll cause the problem.

99% of the time a misfire is bad plug or wire. since you've aready swapped plugs I'd really suggest some wires.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:38 PM

what does arcing mean?...what does it look like?
Old 04-20-2007, 02:51 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon Fx

At night, or in a dark garage, get a spray bottle, set it on mist, and turn on your car.

Then spray your wires and see if you can see an "arc" between wires. (You'll have to take off the wire cover of course).

If you don't see an arc, they aren't arcing... You said you already checked the resistance on your wires, so if they pass this test, your wires should be good. If you're running stock, you might consider upgrading your wires regardless just to be sure. Good wires: PRD online

Another thing to check possibly is to make sure your spark plugs are properly gaped.

Otherwise you're looking at a clogged injector (or very rarely a bad ECU). Injector will test the right resistance even if they are clogged, the resistance only checks to see if they are electrically functional. Try running some Seafoam through, search Seafoam on the forums for more info! This has been talked about plenty.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:07 PM

thank you enigo. My wires are not stock. I know Khara(redshark) replaced them, I just don't know when. The plugs I bought are bosch plat.4s and they are not supposed to be gaped. I'll pull the injectors to see. The only thing that is still bugin me is that when I replaced the TPS the car ran ok until I got to the end of my street, then it started bogging out on me again. I bought the TPS from the junkyard, so maybe its bad?