Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

One Last Shot..

Old 02-20-2006, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^The engine sounds like that normally but when the sound got more rough that was just the mounts I guess.

I have no injectors or any fuel management but a fuel pump because I had other problems I needed to fix first before I even thought of that. Thats the first thing I wanted to do but things kept going wrong.

No it doesnt eat oil or antifreeze. Didnt check compression, thats next on the list.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:28 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

if the iat is good (not physicly broken) then iwould just zip tie it for now
no way a 6-7" distance can change temps reading enough to make a trouble

i rekon.. it's not ok to have it dangling like that, but it should still be reading..
Old 02-20-2006, 08:31 PM

^My dad said the same thing. But since its not reading he thinks it went bad.

I seriously could smack the douche bag who did my car..he honestly owes me so much money I wish I could sue lol. When he was helping alex01tib with his car he left sensors dangling too but luckily alex plugged them in, in time.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:34 PM

check what we've asked. . coolant & oil consumption/leaks,vacuum leaks,compression check, oil pressure check (hot,cold @idle & @ 3000 rpm)
check turbo shaft play

your engine does sound very noisy, just like a spun bearing or something, but it's very hard to tell from the video...might be other noise
Old 02-20-2006, 08:37 PM

Ye. We've all seen idiots on here leave that unplugged and the car ran decently afterwards, not making the car misfire all four cylinders. Even if it was completely dead the car shouldn't misfire because of it, unless it being turbocharged strains the ECU enough as it is. I of course am not familiar with making an engine turbo from its N\A form, its something I've never worked with. Even if the turbo is shot it really shouldn't cause the engine to misfire and stall that bad.

I don't think you can pin it down to one thing. Its a bunch of problems that you have causing one big catastrophe. Live and learn, next car don't run it when you have that many problems, fix em first. Beater cars have a purpose.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:38 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>But since its not reading he thinks it went bad</div>
if it's not reading anything (-40°C value) then wiring is bad or sensor is bad, take a ohmeter and mesure the resistance across the sensor itself then compare to spec on webtech if you need i'll dig up the specs for you
Old 02-20-2006, 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I have TEN different codes for sensors..air temperature, misfire cylinders 1,2,3,4..just what I remember.</div>
Old 02-20-2006, 08:43 PM

Actually, I would do Mad's suggestion first. Pull the coupler off the charge pipe and see if the turbo is throwing the oil... That would cause the misfires in all cylinders (with enough oil), blue smoke, and bogging down.

Also, the guy who installed the turbo... Where did he take the oil feed line from... the block or the head?
Old 02-20-2006, 08:49 PM

Im pretty sure he took it from the block...

See the turbo could be bad but thats like one of twenty different problems lol..
Old 02-20-2006, 09:10 PM

Did he put a restrictor in? Tapping from the block could be giving the turbo too much oil pressure blowing oil past the seals (and destroying the turbo).

Pull the coupler and see if there is any oil on the charge side. Thats easy and if you see oil... you found your problem.