Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Omfg Car Wont Do A Thing

Old 02-09-2008, 07:58 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Is it running out of juice or not? Why did you replace the starter?

Don't make us play 20 questions here. You've got to help us help you. Give us information. DETAILED information. I want you to reply with at least as long of a response as everyone else has posted here. It's impossible to troubleshoot without information to start with.

Let me give you an example of what you're doing here. My computer is broken. I replaced the keyboard. It won't turn on. What is wrong?
Old 02-09-2008, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lmao ^^ Ok I dont know why I thought it was the starter didnt really think about that one all too much. Didnt replace it just got it checked and put it back in because it was fine. Checked fuses and everything else. The car does start when push starterted and it stayed on for about 45 minutes idle, was fine no power loss and running a 1000 watt amp 2 10's subs and my 7" lcd touch screen. So could it still be the alternator??? lol
Old 02-09-2008, 08:07 PM
DTN

I'd say the alternator is the most probable cause. If you get it running, Autozone, can check your alternator while it's on the car with a multimeter.

I'd recommend a E-bay company called California Alternator and Starter to get a new alternator if you need one. Javageek went through them, sent me the alternator, one of the bearings went bad and they replaced it. I had to send a deposit of $100 for a new alternator which they refunded. It's cheaper then those parts stores and it also is guaranteed for a year.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:11 PM

Well once I get everything put back together I will push start it and go get it checked I just hope its an easy fix and nothing ridicolous

EDIT: I will keep everyone updated after I check the alt tomorrow, after work
Old 02-09-2008, 08:15 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

record the problem with the camera. it'll make it lots easier. my vote definitely goes to alternator or you need a new battery.

i always say coilpack, but that's if your car is driven out hard.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:17 PM

I could record the sound with my camera, but first I have to put the starter back in lol.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:33 PM

Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

Wait, so the car turns over with the key just fine? Or is it like your not hitting the clutch and it will sit there all dead like till you release from start mode on the switch. About two weeks ago my key switch went bad, the wire on the switch is loose causeing it to just sit and do nothing. Had to push start the car and get it home. Thought it was the clutch safty switch that went bad, nope got mad and ran a push button switch.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

For sure check all of your sensors, and the Crank position sensor first.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:46 AM
DTN

you DID say you could push-start the car right?
Old 02-10-2008, 11:00 AM

Fuel pump? or alternator I guess. Almost had to get a new fuel pump and we did have to get a new alternator...If you hold the key what does it do? Does the car shake a lot and get close to starting? And if you have someone listen in where the gas cap is, see if they hear a buzzing hum...I'm just throwing stuff out there.