Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Okay, weird Headlight issues goin' on....

Old 02-01-2005, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Okay, weird Headlight issues goin' on....

You all know I suck at electricity if you've been around for a while.

Now i've got some strange stuff goin' on. YES, I've checked the fuses - so we'll get that out of the way right now...

So it started this way....... all headlights worked, blinkers, parkers, all that. Then it was just the left low beam that went out.... but it came back on about a day later.

Then it went out again a couple weeks later for good. So I was driving around on High-beam when I absolutely HAD to drive. Now the whole left side headlight pair is out - but blinkers and all that are good. I know both bulbs are okay.

Any ideas? Sounds like a short or something to me....
Old 02-01-2005, 06:29 PM

check your connections.. and it could be a bad ground
Old 02-01-2005, 06:31 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine)</div><div class='quotemain'>check your connections.. and it could be a bad ground</div>

Anything more specific mad? You think i might be touchin' some metal somewhere?
Old 02-01-2005, 06:38 PM

I am thinking if the connection was loose or if it had been loose for a while, it might have corroded and blocked power transfer.. a bad ground, one that has corroded at the body or come loose.. will stop ALL power from going to headlights as it cannot return to the battery through the ground. You will have to get in behind the headlight, check the plug at the back of it.. then follow the wires and check every connection you can find and reach.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:43 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am thinking if the connection was loose or if it had been loose for a while, it might have corroded and blocked power transfer.. a bad ground, one that has corroded at the body or come loose.. will stop ALL power from going to headlights as it cannot return to the battery through the ground. You will have to get in behind the headlight, check the plug at the back of it.. then follow the wires and check every connection you can find and reach.</div>

man i hate electricity.....

you're the man Mad, once again. thanks d00d! i'll check it out
Old 02-01-2005, 10:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

what kind of bulbs did you have in it?

im thinking that if you used high wattage bulbs, you could have fried the harness.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:58 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01)</div><div class='quotemain'>what kind of bulbs did you have in it?

im thinking that if you used high wattage bulbs, you could have fried the harness.</div>

naw, the headlights were stock. i still can't figure out what's goin 'on
Old 02-05-2005, 01:52 PM

get some di-electric grease. take the connectors off the bulbs and put some of it in there.

if you move around the harness when the headlights are supposed to be on, do they come on?
Old 02-06-2005, 10:12 PM

i got the same problem man... mine was the fuse and relay box... just switch it on and tap the relay slowly until the headlight comes alive again... seems a bad connection there... also try the connector at the headlight...

well have you had experience of a high headlight still lighting after switching off? hehehe this is really weird and im guessing its the relay thats still sticking even if the electromagnet has no more current in it...
Old 02-06-2005, 10:18 PM

i was thinking that, but why would only one side be out?