Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Ok...what Did He Do? *lol*

Old 02-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Buddy of mine came over earlier with his tib. I installed his new amp for him, while he installed new fog lightsso we could get everything done tonight.

The car was running so I could tune his amp properly and get the best sound of it, while he was under the front bumper finishing up the fogs. He gets up, and starts shaking his hand. When he was wiring them up, he touched one of the bulb connectors with his screw driver, and there was a zap and he got shocked. So now, the passenger side front and rear driving/parking lights dont work. The hazards work, the turn signals work, and the brake light works. But no regular on driving light. We checked the bulbs, and they were fine (no blown filament that we can see at least). Looked in the fuse box and went through about half of the fuses and they all looked ok, but it was late and neither one of us wanted to mess with it anymore. He's gonna bring it back tomorrow and we'll look at it again. Anyone know off hand which fuse he may have blown, or could it be something else? I was under the impression that all of the driving lights were on one fuse, and if the fuse went...none of them would work front or back....not just one side. If they are on seperate fuses (drivers/passengers), does anyone know wich one it is, so we dont have to finish going through the other half of the fuses tomorrow to find the right one? Thanks....
Old 02-04-2008, 06:41 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Check with a multimeter or a light tester. You'll need to check both sides of the fuse. Sometimes a fuse can blow without visual indication.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

it's a fuse in the engine bay, can't remember which one exactly. I had the same thing happen to me when my fog light was shorting out.

I'm guessing it's a 10amp but I could easily be wrong

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=15789
Old 02-05-2008, 12:02 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

yeah i think dtn and strikeeagle called mine last time. sounds like the problem i had. the left headlight fuse in the engine bay. check the right one too.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:05 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

done this a few times myself, check the right side tail light fuse in the engine bay. Your foglights/parking lights are wired to that fuse