Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Offroading problems

Old 03-05-2005, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offroading problems

Ok so i went abit offroading in the tib today, i temporarily raised him by jacking him up and putting some 2x4's in the springs and other stuff to keep the springs high. The car handled it realy well, but after i was done i noticed a few odd things
  1. after i forged through about a foot and a half of water i noticed some water on the back carpets, dosent look like they leaked in though the door so where could the water be coming in at?
  2. Is it normal for the water to steam up excesivley from the front brakes but not the rear, i know the fronts get warmer but is it that much of a diferance.
  3. on a sharp 90degree turn at about 40mph one of the springs let up too much and the springs dropped back down to their original position is it normal for the car to oversteer to the side that it happen on (*front right).

After that i took the wood out and the car was back to normal so i decided to have some fun doing some stunts on my new tires (Yokahoma's 195x40x15 (i took the 195's cuz of the weather right now) off topic abit but the reason i go through them so often is cuz my threadware is practicaly negative, its like 120, Temprature AA Traction A (or vice versa)) anyway i did a backwords spin and instantly dropped it into 2nd and floored it on grass is it normal to have the car stall?
Old 03-05-2005, 02:48 PM

The steaming is normal. Front brakes do most of the braking. Rear does the braking at lower speeds. Though...bad idea to be driving in water with your brakes like that...you end up warping the brakes b/c of the hot brakes and the cool water.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:03 PM

kit i swear your a freaking moron...u are an idiot man
Old 03-05-2005, 03:14 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Hot rotors don't like water. B/c water cools rotors very very quickly. After that rotors can bend a bit or even crack.
But most times streaming is not a big problem. Better to avoid it.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:51 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AEMTIB01)</div><div class='quotemain'>kit i swear your a freaking moron...u are an idiot man</div>

GJ.. I just read the post in the gripes about the site, and I saw an admin post about no tolerance and bans for personal attacks.. I do believe one is in order?
Old 03-05-2005, 06:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Its not a personal attack, maybe a tad harsh, but maybe it will get throug to his head that he could cost himself hundreds or even thousands of dollars in parts, kill the car completely, or even worse hurt/kill himself. Jacking up the springs with plywood isn't the smartest thing to do.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:09 PM

no seriously, why would you do such a thing? do you really just not like your car? those things are going to cause serious problems, like stalling out when putting it in second? i didnt exactly understand that but i know it cant possibly be good. and AEM cant be banned, kit IS the official forum moron...which according to this last post pretty much verifys it.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:09 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticChill)</div><div class='quotemain'>The steaming is normal. Front brakes do most of the braking. Rear does the braking at lower speeds. Though...bad idea to be driving in water with your brakes like that...you end up warping the brakes b/c of the hot brakes and the cool water.</div>

Your right but, Heat warps metal, ... heat + water stresses metal too much, and can cause stress cracks, and breakage.

but it doesnt take both elements to "warp" the rotors (metal).

All it takes is heat.

I work in the Tool & Die trade, and work with metal EVERYDAY!
So believe me when I tell you this.

Heating up metal to the point of frying an egg on it, then instantly putting it in water is WAY to much stress on the metal, and could cause cracking.

Kit, sounds to me like you are abusing your tib a little to much man, take it easy!!
Old 03-05-2005, 06:11 PM

It's a little early for an April Fool's post isn't it?

No one's this stupid. Troll bait.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:15 PM

LMAO!

postpics.gif