Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Odd Problem

Old 01-02-2006, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hyper25 @ Dec 30 2005, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I had something similar to this on another customers tiburon he ran leaded race gas and it caused the cat to come apart and clog up the exhaust. Upper rpms sucked car could barely go over 50 up a hill. Replaced the lower cat with a high flow and did an obx header and cured all the problem plus ran better then before. Just an option to check its only a few bolts to drop the lower cat if you have one.</div>

This seemed to be the problem. I took out the stock cat today, shook it around and could hear stuff moving around. Turned it upside down and pieces of the cat started falling out. I must have gotten a bad tank of gas somewhere because I've never ran leaded gas. Pics:

I installed My SSA headers and Apexi exhaust I had laying around. Now my car runs like it has a pair again fing02.gif Thanks for the input.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I thought you were selling the car?
Old 01-02-2006, 10:06 PM

No, I'm giving it to my mom when I move to California in May. I still use it to drive to work and school though.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:39 PM

run some injector cleaner to try and clean out your car just to be safe