Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Obx Header Install

Old 04-25-2005, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (daoust @ Apr 25 2005, 05:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have weld the bung sensor in the y of the header , like this i have two cylinder , so you have your 2 oxygen sensor before the cat and i never have trouble whit the cell and i have done 30 000 km from this time
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlackTibby00 @ Apr 25 2005, 10:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>^^^Your talking about welding the bung in the collector pipe correct? And then you have the second one in the bung provided in the flex pipe instead of after the cat like most people are doing?

Is this proper?

Also what if you put the 1st O2 sensor in the bung provided in the flex pipe, then make a bung after the cat and put the second O2 there? Would that work theoretically?

ya know. I was gonna say something but wasn't quite sure.
When I checked the codes for my CEl it was only because of the first o2 sensor reading one runner instead of four. THAT was the reason. There was NO seperate code or sub code that explained a problem with having the second o2 before the cat. I think if I just weld another bung in the Y and plug the runner hole then the CEL will go away. Only way to find out is to try....

Did you do weld yourself or did a shop do your weld in the Y? How much did you pay for the o2 bung weld? I'd like to do this ASAP, I'll have my welder guy check it out and give an estimate.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:15 PM

Just go to a local muffler shop for the bung. It shouldn't be too expensive and ask for estimates so you can get the best deal.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:34 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

It shouldn't cost that much to have them drill a hole and weld an O2 bung there. You would think that if you did put he O2 in the collector so it could read all 4 pipes, everything would be fine. Whenever you get this done let us know how it worked out Patreezy.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:33 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

DIY! Have them make the hole. If they mess that up, they'll have to redo it. I wrote about how to extend the sensor, and if it dosn't work, they'll do it for you, so you may as well try DIY!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:08 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlackTibby00 @ Apr 26 2005, 02:34 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>It shouldn't cost that much to have them drill a hole and weld an O2 bung there. You would think that if you did put he O2 in the collector so it could read all 4 pipes, everything would be fine. Whenever you get this done let us know how it worked out Patreezy.

Definately let us know if it works, then I'll try it wink1.gif
Old 04-26-2005, 01:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

first i buy a stainelss nut and retap the tread and after i weld my self beacause it s my job so i pay 3$ for the nut