Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Obx Header

Old 09-10-2005, 01:07 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

So here is what I did. I used a generic dynamat material called polymeric mastic. Most auto sound dampening/deadening material is made with polymeric mastic, including dynomat. I purchased it off Mcmastercarr.com, about $17.00 for 32" x48". It has a Temp rating up to 300 degrees, and so far, like I said, its held up well.

Here is a pic of where I put the stuff. You can see a little corner of it towards the top of the heat shield. You really cannot see it at all. I wedged it in-between the bottom of the car and the heatshield. I put as much of it up as I could. Its adhesive-backed, and it's been there now for almost a month.

I would say this would work for any heatshield you have under your car. Just be warned, you may be called ghetto if you attempt this simpe but efficient fix to a buzzy exhaust! lmao.gif

Just remember, This wont fix the problem if it IS your exhaust that is causing the buzz. My exhaust has a little tiny bit of a buzz, but the majority of the buzz was coming from the heat shield. Get under there and give a corner of your heatshield a tap or flick with your finger. Trust me, you'll know exactly why I tried this once you do this.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rating of 300? didnt think dynamat could do that. that adhesive should melt..crazy
Old 09-11-2005, 11:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah, I would think it would melt also. Its an asphalt based material, so maybe thats why the temp rating is up there. Like I said, I've had no problems, and it seems to be doing its job.