Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

OBD2 Inspection Problem

Old 12-16-2004, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: removal of signal lights

We stopped having inspections, how hard are they to pass emmissions wise?
Old 12-16-2004, 05:32 PM

Default Re: racing seat harness

it passed today with no problem. was in and out of the inspection station within 5min.

the problem was that I put the limiter back on but withbout 2 screws that act as grounds on the gauge clusters circuit board. cel would come on after a few days. So far so good no cel so im gonna cross my fingers see if it comes on again in a few days but i doubt it since i put the screws back on the gauge cluster circuit board.

nj plugs into the cars obd2 port on all 96+ and scans from there the emissions and whatnot.

if its under 96 they usually will do a roller on the car, sorta like a dyno and spin it up with a meter in the exaust then test the results. they do this to certain cars and tend just to pick out certain ones. years ago they were doing this to every single car until they got so many complaints the inspection was taken too long and holding up lines outside it that they gave up on every car.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:17 PM

Default Re: NGK Ignition wires?

yea I know NJ is like that. They always pick on my Italian cars. They always fail them too, due to the quirky controls.

At least you got it through inspection. I will be doing that next month after I transfer title back from PA to NJ.