Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

O2 Sensor Schematic

Old 06-23-2005, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After much looking I could not find the info I needed for a universal four wire o2 sensor. Anyway I made a sheet showing what each wire is for and what goes where for both the front and rear sensors. The image is too large to post so here is a linky. Let me know what ya think.

^^^
Click to enlarge

*EDIT: Added to site so it doesn't get lost. Let me know if you want it removed.*
Old 06-23-2005, 11:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Edited, nice man.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:13 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

damn thats sweet, just what i needed to know, I bought an AEM Uego air fuel sensor, and i want to know, if i can use it in place of the front O2 sensor, it comes with a wideband o2 sensor, but it says it also has a narrowband output, so can i wire the wideband sensor up to the factory harness, and use it as the front sensor, or should i just weld in another bung, and wire up a whole new sensor ???
Old 06-24-2005, 07:33 AM

You really need to weld in a new bung. While yes the Bosch wideband sensor does have an output for narrow band it does not have the heating element and such so you would get a cel.

Redz thats no problem. Glad it could be used.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

That's exactly what's on webtech.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:57 AM

Too a point but they dont actually show everything on one page. Also they dont show how a universal four wire sensor should be connected.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:48 PM

i think i have found and read everything about a/f gauge wiring, O2 sensor and everything else, but where are those connectors located ?
..because i'm here ready to connect my a/f gauge, before removing dash or else, where should i look for those 4 wire connectors ? Are they running close to the gear shift or the cigarette lighter?
Old 08-08-2005, 05:08 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Yes, the front one is.

Remove your shifter surround and look a bit under the astray and to the right of the shifter cables and you will see a connector with 4 wires going down under the car. It's covered with a plastic boot then a rubber boot underneath the car. Those are your 4 02 sensor wires.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:53 PM

so here it is..

where ?

it look under that rubber boot but it seems to be closed...

may you tell me where exactly ?

wink1.gif
Old 08-14-2005, 12:05 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

I have a problem with the o2 heater circuit. I need to find the heater circuit power AND ground wires. The only thing is, there are no grounds listed for the heater. I need to wire in two 10 ohm, 10 watt resistors to make the ecu think that the o2 sensor (that was replaced with a wideband) is actually using the power supplied to heat itself. I need to put one resistor in between the ground for the heater circuit, and one between the power. I had put them both in between the "o2 heater control circuit", but I still got the cel. So, I suppose I should put them in between the standard o2 ground, and the heater control 1 wires?? Help please!

Also, I have a cel for low o2 signal voltage. The plx unit that I have has a narrowband output, and I just stripped off the stock o2 signal wire and soldered in the signal wire coming from the wideband unit. My question is, should I cut off the stock o2 signal wire? I am guessing that some of the current from the narrowband output is being sucked into the wire all the way into the engine bay instead of going into the ecu. What do you guys think?

BTW, the sensor I replaced is the front sensor on a 97 tib.

I would just weld in a new bung (might do it anyway just for now) and put the stock sensor back in, but I want to get an smt6, and it modifies the o2 signal (wideband) to help change fuel settings, and I need it to be connected and modifying the wideband signal for the most accurate adjustments. And I figure it is better to fix this problem now instead of having two o2 bungs.

Thanks for any help guys. smile.gif