Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

O2 Sensor(please Read Before Closing)

Old 01-10-2006, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alrighty so I can't ask a question that has been answered before, interesting rule. Some of you people have changed from what I remember from a long time ago 02.gif Anyhow, I don't actually know what the o2 sensors look like, so I took some pics of what I think they are. One is going into my intake, right before the manifold, and one is going through the old(gutted) cat which is still hooked up to my exhaust manifold(the guy at the exhaust place refused to remove it, I'm thinking headers possibly in future just to get rid of that thing, it cannot help power having that huge area to go through right after the engine. Anyhow. Here are the pics(if I can get them to work. The one going before the cat is the one I need to move down to the cat under the car? Or am I missing a sensor completely? (The one in my intake could be MAF I suppose(obviously I don't know a great deal about this which is why I ask questions.)

This is the one of the one in my intake(if its MAF sorry for my stupidity)

This is the one before the old cat(which is still attached to car)
Old 01-10-2006, 12:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The one in your intake is IAT (Intake Air Temperature).

The one in your cat is indeed an o2 sensor.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:51 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

There are two O2 sensors. One before the cat as seen in your second picture and one after which you would see from under the car. If you install a header then there should be a hole to mount the first O2 sensor in it. You should then install a cat after the header and relocate the second O2 sensor so it is after the new cat.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Talux @ Jan 10 2006, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Alrighty so I can't ask a question that has been answered before, interesting rule.</div>

It's not a rule, it's common sence. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION. THAT is a rule.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Some of you people have changed from what I remember from a long time ago 02.gif</div>

Don't think so, it's the same friendly and helpful site, some folks just get tired of seeing the exact same questions over and over and over and over and over.

And over.

Get the hint?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Anyhow, I don't actually know what the o2 sensors look like, so I took some pics of what I think they are.</div>

Now THIS is different than what you asked before. A search for exhaust threads with the word SENSOR would show you a lot of pics regarding this. You have 2 o2 sensors, they are in the EXHAUST PIPING. Not the intake piping. One should be near the first cat, the other is down near the second cat I believe.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The one going before the cat is the one I need to move down to the cat under the car?</div>

No. It needs to go near the collectors, this one is usually in place on aftermarket headers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Or am I missing a sensor completely?</div>

Don't know, a full engine shot picture or a picture of your headers without the heatshield on would help.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>(The one in my intake could be MAF I suppose(obviously I don't know a great deal about this which is why I ask questions.)
This is the one of the one in my intake(if its MAF sorry for my stupidity)</div>

A search for MAF would show you several pictures of what the MAF looks like. I'm sorta baffled though, you are in the US and I don't see a MAF. Can we get a full engine shot? You aren't stupid, cut it out.