Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

O2 Sensor Bypass?

Old 08-23-2006, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this has been covered before, because I remember it. I can't seem to find it through searching though. I have the OBX Racing headers without the o2 sensor hookup.. I've just put up with it for a while, but it's running really rich. There was this thing someone found on eBay that will just disregard the missing o2 sensor and give the computer an OK read that will fix this.. I don't know what to search for to find it though lol.. any help?
Old 08-23-2006, 06:02 PM

Well, I've had them clear it off once or twice but it always ends up coming back on.. I didn't know if that thing you can get off eBay would totally remove the problem or not. It seems like it should, but I just don't know what to search for to find it, lol.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:03 PM

look up o2 simulator on ebay.

pre-warning, pretty often, they dont work. my car being one of them, hell, the damn thing is still installed to this day, still have a code though. even with a brand new o2 sensor.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:06 PM

Ahh, alright thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a shot anyways.. maybe I'll get lucky =P. Thanks again.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:34 PM

Umm if you are talking about bypassing your primary O2 sensor (the one that would have been in the stock exhaust manifold) you can't do that. For your car to run properly you have to use the primary O2 sensor so that your ECU knows how much fuel to add compared to the MAF sensor readings. You would be running hella rich because the ECU goes into safe mode due to no reading being present. The ECU does this so that you don't end up running a lean air/fuel mixture and hurting something. You will need an O2 bung welded into your header somewhere for your car to run properly.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:51 PM

stoc mani has two o2 sensors. 1 about a foot down that is the primary, and one furthur back that is the secondary. but yes, u cant use it on the primary, only the secondary.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:55 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If your talking about the second o2 sensor, you can use a simulator, Ive done it with great success, actually i just passed inspection with it a few weeks back

but not having your second 02 sensor wont affect performance, youll just get the CEL, so im assuming your talking about the first o2 sensor, which you cant simulate.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

someone had one that worked for the second sensor. i have one waiting to be installed so ill see how it goes. i hope it works. i hate that damn light
Old 08-23-2006, 09:06 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alex01tib @ Aug 23 2006, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If your talking about the second o2 sensor, you can use a simulator, Ive done it with great success</div>
as i posted earlier, it SOMETIMES works, but not allways, so its a chance sort of thing, mine still doesnt work, even with a brand new o2 sensor installed. im gonna try replacing the damn ecu soons because even my primary reads bad, and ive gone through 3 new ones in the last few months, and the code will never clear no matter how many times i have it erased. it comes back after like 2 starts.