Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Noob Needs Help with CAI Install

Old 02-10-2005, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TibMinn)</div><div class='quotemain'>wrong. although its not in his first pic, he has the intake that comes with the elbow. look at the semi installed part, it has all the nipples.

ok dude your right so far. connect the maf to the elbow you already have on, and then the rest of the intake to the maf. make sense?</div>

what he said.

make sure ur maf is put on correctly because it does matter. the arrow on it should be pointing the direction the air gets sucked into the engine.

no u didnt take off too much.

just attach the maf to the elbow u already have attached to the throttle body, then attach the rest of th intake to the maf, put the filter on. and u may have to figure out a way to make ur sensor fit in nice and tight.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:44 PM

Thanks for all the help. Ill head out and try again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT
Theres the link to the eBay auction.

The Air Temperature sensor, or whatever sensor is on the wire that plugged into the hole in the air filter box, it doesnt fit snuggly into the pipe, any suggestions on how to get passed that, or do I even need it anymore?
Old 02-10-2005, 06:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Most definitely need the Air temp sensor. Plug it in, start it, and hopefully there isn't an air leak. Thats what happens when you buy eBay intakes... ; you took price over quality.

EDIT: Saw your sis bought it. Ahh well... hopefully it'll work.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

guys, you want to use the grommet for the IAT sensor that can be found in the stock intake...lol. just pull that little sucker out and put it into the opening on the CAI. your sensor will fit fine.

for the rest of the intake, you want it like this...

intake manifold-->coupler-->new elbow-->coupler-->MAF-->coupler-->big peice of intake-->filter

obviously, you want two hose clamps per coupler. you may have to trim the couplers as much as possible before the pipes touch each other. you want to trim them, but not so much that the things you are joining are touching. then i suggest to put it all together, leaving the clamps loose, that way you can turn it and crap to get it in there nice.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:04 PM

I have one of those, you have to take the little rubber seal from the original airbox and attach it to the hole of the new intake, then plug in your sensor there. Its supposed to fix tight so you don't have any leaks. Hope I could help.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:04 PM

Alright thanks again guys. The little rubber thing fits in the hole for the Air Temp Sensor fine so thats done with, and you guys already told me the rest of the assembly process. Thanks!

Two last question, stupid one at that, which direction does the "big part" go. This way in the picture, or the other way around. Also where do I mount the bracket to?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/V13...13/100_9135.jpg

Thanks again, thanks for putting up with the dumb questions.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:17 PM

Man I wish I had a camera so I could take a picture of mine. Below the MAF sensor you will see a small base that I'm pretty sure is to hold a part of the original airbox. The bracket is supposed to go there, with one of the screws you pulled put from the original airbox. Good Luck. Hope I could help.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:19 PM

Alright, thats what I thought, but I didnt have time (sun was going down plus dinner was ready and nagging mom) to mess around with the direction it goes in, but thanks again man! Ill finish up tomorrow! Thanks again everyone!