Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

nology or magnecore

Old 01-22-2005, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NGK > everything else
Old 01-22-2005, 03:49 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dweet)</div><div class='quotemain'>NGK > everything else</div>

Dude if you arent going to explain what you mean then just dont say anything on the topic. Simply saying NGK is better than anything else and not saying youve used multiple brands and actually know or ANYTHING basically makes your post completly useless to everyone.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:07 PM

NGK has been proven in the DSM world. its what everyone uses plus you can get a set for about $40 a pop. I know you dont know anything but hyundais but broaden your horizons a little. I dont have to use things personally. Hang out on multiple car forums and you'll learn a little
Old 01-22-2005, 05:31 PM

LOL Well that would be great and all except for one I do know more than just Hyundais. Especially when it comes to arrigant people who dont know what they are talking about. It is very simple. If you go out and buy NGK wires for two different cars you will or could get two VERY different results. So with that said you are basically recommending something to someone based off of how that part works on another car. Thats smart......
Old 01-22-2005, 05:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

At the risk of going off topic, what are the best spark plugs to use? Sorry if I interrupted the fight... laugh.gif:
Old 01-22-2005, 05:58 PM

ok first of all... we're talking about spark plug wires.. not something like turbochargers.... how much variation you going to see between stock wires and something like magnacore or nology wires. Like what.. 2HP
Ok so lets see... you can get NGK wires for $40. or Magnacrap or Nology wires for what? $80 not worth it. NGK wires last longer. Ive talked to people and seen magnacore go bad within 2 months. And not just 1 person. So go spend the $80 for your 2 extra HP over stock wires.
And btw.. if you havent noticed... the beta's design isnt much different than a 4g63t
Old 01-22-2005, 06:04 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tb1198)</div><div class='quotemain'>At the risk of going off topic, what are the best spark plugs to use? Sorry if I interrupted the fight... laugh.gif:</div>

there's another thread floating around somewhere about spark plugs. Do a search, or just look, you'll find it.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:07 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dweet)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok first of all... we're talking about spark plug wires.. not something like turbochargers.... how much variation you going to see between stock wires and something like magnacore or nology wires. Like what.. 2HP
Ok so lets see... you can get NGK wires for $40. or Magnacrap or Nology wires for what? $80 not worth it. NGK wires last longer. Ive talked to people and seen magnacore go bad within 2 months. And not just 1 person. So go spend the $80 for your 2 extra HP over stock wires.
And btw.. if you havent noticed... the beta's design isnt much different than a 4g63t</div>

You wonder why I said that you dont know what you are talking about. Not one person in this thread or anywhere I believe thinks that they will get more Hp from changing their wires. More or less which brand they choose. DUH, I mean read some....... Anyway, just to let you know peopl usually and alwasy have upgraded their wires for a more constant and less irratic spark then causing a smoother idle and speed up. I never said the NGK's were not just as good as the Magnecore wires. they very well maybe I have never used NGK's. But I am defending Magnecore simply because I have used their wires like I said for about 8 months and pulled them off atleast 10+ times and they are in the exact same shape as when I got them. As for them falling apart and such, you have to remember that 3/4 of the people who probably buy those wires buy them and dont really have any knowledge of what they are doing. Thus since the Magnecore wires are so close when pushed in all the way to the top of the inside of the valve cover (hard to get your hand on it to take them out) more in-experienced people probably break the tops off. On the other hand if you know what you are doing then they will probably last you a lifetime.

Anyway I didnt mean to start a fight dude, your post just kinda ticked me off when you just said NGK>everything and didnt explain anything or even say you use any brand or what. Its all good grouphug.gif
Old 01-22-2005, 07:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

here ya go guys....

first, lets just eliminate nology. they are expensive, and are generally not liked across all make of cars.

we can rank magnecores with comparable(give or take some) performance as ngks, just with a price tag of about twice as much.

and never buy spark plug wires that arent properly sized. they will kill your performance and look like crap.

i personally went with ngk wires and plugs. i think they work great, and they were cheap. magnecores may work just as good or better, but im poor.

Old 01-22-2005, 07:43 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltraTibby)</div><div class='quotemain'>. But I am defending Magnecore simply because I have used their wires like I said for about 8 months and pulled them off atleast 10+ times and they are in the exact same shape as when I got them. As for them falling apart and such, you have to remember that 3/4 of the people who probably buy those wires buy them and dont really have any knowledge of what they are doing. Thus since the Magnecore wires are so close when pushed in all the way to the top of the inside of the valve cover (hard to get your hand on it to take them out) more in-experienced people probably break the tops off. On the other hand if you know what you are doing then they will probably last you a lifetime.

Anyway I didnt mean to start a fight dude, your post just kinda ticked me off when you just said NGK>everything and didnt explain anything or even say you use any brand or what. Its all good grouphug.gif</div>
Im just saying NGK's are about half the price and work just as well if not better which makes them better because of the price... its cool though I get your point

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01)</div><div class='quotemain'>here ya go guys....

first, lets just eliminate nology. they are expensive, and are generally not liked across all make of cars.

we can rank magnecores with comparable(give or take some) performance as ngks, just with a price tag of about twice as much.

and never buy spark plug wires that arent properly sized. they will kill your performance and look like crap.

i personally went with ngk wires and plugs. i think they work great, and they were cheap. magnecores may work just as good or better, but im poor.

LOCKED</div>

thats what i was trying to say