Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

nology or magnecore

Old 01-20-2005, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That doesnt make sense to me...how could these make you lose horsepower?

I agree that this should be moved..
Old 01-20-2005, 06:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

With Nology Wires, most people don't notice a difference or feel a loss of power over stock wires. I don't think they are designed very well. I've seen dynos where people run with Magnecor/NGK/etc. and then swap to Nology and actually lose power, in the same conditions as with the other wires. I'll try and find them for you, I believe there was a GK Tib dyno that showed this. I've seen Eclipse dynos show this as well.

Nology wires retail for $100-150.00 or so usually. I wonder why the auctions at $5.99? LOL.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:41 PM

I have the triplecore 9.2mm plug wires and they look great!!! I've had them for over three years and 25,000miles with no problems. Only problem is, these wires are so huge, I had to take the cover off the engine...it looks pretty impressive though..in my opinion..
Old 01-20-2005, 06:57 PM

Studying electronics, I can tell you that the capacitor in the nology wires will change the waveform (phase shift 90 degrees) of the signal. That may have something to do with the lost horsepower... I would think that the very best plug wires would be be made of litz wire (lots of individually wrapped wires put together), considering the short pulse of the signal from the coil.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

thank you guys too answer my question. but where i can find the ngk wire
Old 01-22-2005, 12:39 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nology's suck ass.</div>

Amen to that!!!

I've had a set of Nology hot wires and they slowed me down by .3 of a second at the track.... I swapped my stock ones back on(had them in the trunk) and ran .3 seconds faster smile.gif

I believe www.sparkplugs.com has NGKs.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:26 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (daoust)</div><div class='quotemain'>thank you guys too answer my question. but where i can find the ngk wire</div>

Try reading the post man. www.ebay.com

Geesh.

Or maybe, and this is just an idea, www.google.com and type in NGK spark plug wires???

I've heard numerous complaints in the past 4 years about Magnecores.

1. No gains, no losses. No change in idling.
2. Won't fit under the spark plug wire cover.
3. Ends fall apart easily.
4. Way to expensive.

I got NGK's and they are great.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:55 AM

1. No gains, no losses. No change in idling.

<span style="color:seagreen">Not true, could definatly feel a difference.</span>

2. Won't fit under the spark plug wire cover.

<span style="color:seagreen">Not true, they do fit fine, no problems at all.</span>

3. Ends fall apart easily.

<span style="color:seagreen">I've taken mine out probably 10 times now in the last 8 months and they are still in the same shape I got them in.</span>

4. Way to expensive.

<span style="color:seagreen">This one I will agree with you on. They are more expensive and looking back on it I couldnt tell if you I would have gotten the NGK wires or not. Personally I like the magnecore</span> smile.gif
Old 01-22-2005, 11:31 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I agree with Ultra on this one, granted they are expensive, but they do the job. Personally, I would buy NGK first, see how they work, and if they don't try the Magnecor. Nology aren't worth trying most likely.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:29 PM

Everybody loves NGK wires...personnally, I only had problems with them. When I had my 1.5l, I purchased a set, installed them....fire was jumping everywhere. Got a second set....same thing...third set...same thing. So the hell with it, I gave up. Maybe for tib wires, they are better but for accent....they sucked bad.