Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

No Air!....hot Or Cold Nothing Is Blowing..rd2

Old 08-13-2006, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have checked and checked the fuses and cant find a problem...it worked fine untill I used a fuse from another hole to replace my blown windshield wiper fuse when it started to rain and I had no wipers...I have filled all the fuses with the right #'s...checked over twice for blown fuses...But the air is not the only thing thats not working the lights around the sunglass holder is not working but the sunroof switches is working fine...I looked on the fuse sticky and seen that it is one fuse all together, which would make since, but I checked the fuse and it looked fine...my A/C condenser has a hole in it and I have to replace it but I dont think that would do anything to how it blowed would it, since it doesnt blow at all even on heat?
Old 08-13-2006, 07:25 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

When you first replaced the fuse in your emergency situation, did you replace it with the right amp rating? Or with one that was higher?

If you installed a higher rated fuse, there is a good possibility that something fried due to the fact that whatever caused the original fuse to blow probably occurred again, but this time the fuse was a higher rated one, therefore would not blow. Instead the electrical current would continue to damage circuit boards, etc.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:31 PM

Pretty sure it was a 15 on both...but I will take a look at the diagram and see if that could have been the problem..my friend did it while I was inside a service station gettin rainx wipes..which for the record suck a$$
Old 08-13-2006, 08:43 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

could be anything from the fuse, to the 01234 switch, to the blower. Check all connections. make sure heater switches work.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:07 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0t

Ya if all fuses are in then its either blower motor resistor or the blower motor itself, either way ur off to the dealer atleast for the parts.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:30 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Before you get too much of a headache, go buy a NEW $1 fuse and pop it in...sometimes the fuse can look good and still be bad, they don't always BLOW apart, sometimes maybe just blacken or something? 99.9% of the time if like 3-4 different things all go at once, and they're on the same circuit, it's the fuse, OR a short in the wiring somewhere, most likely a bad ground. Check your fuses by hand, don't use those nifty little "fuse checkers" either. Check and re-check EVERY fuse, much easier than ripping your dash off to find a stripped wire grounding out somewhere.
good luck
Old 08-14-2006, 06:01 PM

thanks...still trying to find out whats going on
Old 08-14-2006, 06:04 PM
DTN

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019 @ Aug 14 2006, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Before you get too much of a headache, go buy a NEW $1 fuse and pop it in...sometimes the fuse can look good and still be bad, they don't always BLOW apart, sometimes maybe just blacken or something? 99.9% of the time if like 3-4 different things all go at once, and they're on the same circuit, it's the fuse, OR a short in the wiring somewhere, most likely a bad ground. Check your fuses by hand, don't use those nifty little "fuse checkers" either. Check and re-check EVERY fuse, much easier than ripping your dash off to find a stripped wire grounding out somewhere.
good luck</div>

right that happens when a fuse is taken RIGHT to it's limit and blows. they blow apart when you short them.

ohm it out.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:28 PM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

I had a similar action in my tib recently...thinking it was the resistor or a fuse...It was neither of them. It is the blower switch ass....where the dial is to select the fan speed...behind it is a 2 piece connector. the plastic melted a hair for some reason, and cause the second plug to pop out. Ordered a new one, and we are back on track...just my .02
Old 08-15-2006, 04:23 AM
DTN

If it turns out to be that, i have a full LED'd up heater cluster for $100 i could sell. Click my signature for pix of how it looks.