Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

New Tibby. Need help.

Old 08-25-2004, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Zefiro Gen I frp vent hood

wasn't hyundaiperformance.com a bad place to buy things from?
Old 08-25-2004, 09:50 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: GB: Speed-Factor Basic Turbo Kit (Closed)

ok... i lied about waitin a lil bit...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>wasn't hyundaiperformance.com a bad place to buy things from?</div> It took me about a month to receive my Intake from them. Their reason: they were out of stock and had to wait for their distributor to replenish their inventory. Thats all i've ordered from them, so i can't really say they are a bad company... i haven't heard bad things from them though... just their moderators.

Sylvermyste: word of advice. ordering from www.sharkracing.com or www.teamsr.com will give you too much grief. they've had shady business practices when it comes to shipping and customer service

www.kspec.com is the ULTIMATE in customer service. they can get you anything you want, even if it's not on the site.

OH! basic ish: RD stands for "Riders Delight." (crappy translation i guess?) 97-99 = 1st generation (RD). 2000 and 2001 = RD2 (2nd gen). the new tiburons are the GKs. The letters = the chassis code
Our engines are called the Beta.
Our model name is AKA Turbulence. the 97-99 are the only true "Tiburon". the new Tib is called Tuscani. These different names are the Korean names for the models. In Europe, all Tibs are "Coupes". It gets confusing... But keep that in mind when you're buying things at KSpec. they're in the "Turbulence" section.
Most parts for the 1st gen can also be used on the 2nd gen. 3rd gen is a different story. it's a whole new car.

more will come either by me or by others
Old 08-25-2004, 11:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: GB: Speed-Factor Basic Turbo Kit (Closed)

Good freaking lord!

Nothing for me to say here obviously.

Great job Sparticus.

You get my vote for next Moderator when we fire Java.

wink.gif

Welcome to the site.

Golden Rules...

1. Don't double post. Use the freakin edit button please.

2. Don't talk anti Hyundai or Tiburon or Korea. AT ALL.

3. Search until your balls turn blue.

wink.gif
Old 08-26-2004, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Car wont turn off

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>You get my vote for next Moderator when we fire Java.</div>
LOL. thanks. i think?? it's both a complimtent and a put down... cuz i don't see java gettin fired tongue.gif

Impeached, on the other hand. thats ALWAYS a possibility tongue.gif lol.gif
Old 08-26-2004, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Sanding door and dash

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparticus)</div><div class='quotemain'>this will be my last post in here for a lil bit.... i don't want this to turn into a chat. let some other ppl post in here...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sylvermyste)</div><div class='quotemain'>I saw this tibby in Duluth, MN when I was checking out cars and it made like a high pitched squeek when the engine revved up</div> i have NO idea. a squeek?? It can't be a turbo or nething, cuz thats more of a PSSSSST sound. You know. the sound you heard on every car in Fast and Furious... :roll:

and to purchase an AEM, hp.com (www.hyundaiperformance.com) is currently having a summer special. i don't know when this deal is going to end, but it will probably be soon. summer is almost over. what you need to do is sign up on that site, then use the link below to purchase it. You cannot access the sale page through the normal shop.hyundaiperformance.com. $178 shipped is a GREAT price for an AEM intake

http://shop.hyundaiperformance.com/special...als/2004_06.php

It's recommended to get the AEM bypass valve only if you're affraid of running over 2 foot puddles of water. you would have to either find that on ebay, or purchase it from AEM directly. here is their website http://www.aempower.com/ Bypass valves loose MINIMAL power. some refuse to use 'em, and some will ONLY use 'em. its personal preference...

i'm done for now</div>

Yeah, hisss, squeek, psssst, that sound.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:15 PM

Default Re: New Tibby. Need help.

then it's probably his BOV for his turbo

BOV = Blow Off Valve
Old 08-26-2004, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Looking for this front bar...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparticus)</div><div class='quotemain'>then it's probably his BOV for his turbo

BOV = Blow Off Valve</div>

I feel like such a newb. Ahhh well, I'll just drop a shitload into this ride and give rice a new name.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Changing Spark Plugs

hey... 1000 a month? Hold of for 2 -3 months buy a turbo kit... the rest of that 7-8 grand.... down to about 4-5 grand... suspension... wheels... keep the car a sleeper... just throw money into the performance aspect of the car... that's what i'd do...
Old 08-26-2004, 09:36 PM

Default Re: New Tibby. Need help.

ha ha... yea... dont double post dood... redz' panties will get in a bunch and all hell shall break loose laugh.gif