Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

New Tibby. Need help.

Old 08-25-2004, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: car audio CRAP!!!!

So I just bought myself a 2001 tibby. She's clean as f***, silver and only 26k miles. I was checking out cardomain when I came across this site, nice tibs flying around I see. Anywho, I figured you guys could help me out a little.

This tib of mine is all stock. I need help finding good mods for this ride. This is the actually the first car I have ever attempted so please be gentle for I know nothing of newer vehicles. Put an old chevy truck in front of me and i'd be fine, but this stuff is confusing. wink1.gif

I'm looking at trying for some sort of extreme racer look with this car. Lights, ground effects, exhaust...the whole 9 yrds. However after buying the car my budget has become limited, so I'm down to about $1000/month to add into the vehicle. My goal is to totally pimp it out by march, which gives me anywhere from $7k - $8k of money to put into the car.

Any help in this field would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:01 PM

First 1k.. AEM intake, $170 shipped on ebay, Headers, $250-300, Catback exhaust, $300, Eibach lowering springs, $200.. After that, save up for a REAL body kit and paint, probably $800-$1500 depending upon kit you buy.. Get some nice wheels and tires, spend another 1k..

www.kspec.com
www.importshark.com
www.hyundaiperformance.com
www.ebay.com

Should be able to grab everything from those places..
Old 08-25-2004, 09:06 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iamcyclopseatme)</div><div class='quotemain'>First 1k.. AEM intake, $170 shipped on ebay, Headers, $250-300, Catback exhaust, $300, Eibach lowering springs, $200.. After that, save up for a REAL body kit and paint, probably $800-$1500 depending upon kit you buy.. Get some nice wheels and tires, spend another 1k..

www.kspec.com
www.importshark.com
www.hyundaiperformance.com
www.ebay.com

Should be able to grab everything from those places..</div>

The paint I can do, my father used to paint vehicles and Harley's for a living, so I've got his setup and knowledge. As for the other things, like the AEM intake, can I get a small explaination of each, just so I know what I'm getting into. I need a map drawn out here so I know what I'm in for. tongue.gif

Thanks alot.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:07 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Empty tank of gas vs. full

i'll be the first to welcome you...

this is the new rdtiburon.com. if you can't find something here, try www.rdtiburon.com/old

some things that you should do right away would be to take out your Resinator. click me for the DYI. While you're at it, you might as well get a cold air intake. the 2 best companys would be AEM then Injen. You can find generic ones off of ebay for like $50... but if you want a show-worthy car, get a name brand. Expect to pay about $190-$220 for an AEM

Since you now made your car breath better, the next step would be to make it fart better. Cat-back exhaust. Search on Ebay. Find a company called "SS Autochrome." They are vendors for OBX and tend to have the best prices. Expect to pay $150 for a cat-back from them on ebay.

wanna get quicker shifts (if you have a stick)?? REDZ (post-WHORE!!) currently has 2 spots left for an RSide Advance short throw shifter. this is the BESTEST shifter in the world. i love it. everyone seems to love it. click me for the Group Buy!!

Ok. so you're breathing, farting, and shifting better. Now what?wanna corner better? visit www.kspec.com and purchase front and rear strut bars. You'll notice a major inprovement in cornering, esp at high speeds. Rotarys are no problem w/ these bad boys installed.

Rims/Tires. do NOT go higher than 17" rims. many will recommend 16" rims. 205/40/17 is the recommended tire size for 17s and 205/45/16 is the recommended size for 16 inch tires. 16's are favored due to the fact that you have more rubber to protect your rim and your ride. the bigger the rim, the more apt you are to feel every bump in the road.

do you have a big gap between the wheel and the fender now?? get yourself some Eibach lowering springs off of ebay. I, myself, will be doing this shortly. these should run you no more than $200. then you would have to pay for someone to mount 'em and have your car realigned

You mentioned ground effects. Neons maybe?? just remember to stick with a color theme. you want blue neon lights?? then also paint your interior dash blue, and your valve cover blue and any other thing blue. stick w/ a theme. it looks alot better!!

body kit?? STAY AWAY from Ebay on this one!! those are rip offs from Veilside. to see a Veilside Kit, see the following:

Another VERY nice kit is the Zefiro Turbo. see below

this is personally my favorite

Lets see.... i'm sure i missed other stuff. If you want a COMPLETE exhaust, also get a Header from SSAutochrome on EBay. if you have an automatic, get the 4-2-1 header. if you have a stick get a 4-1 header.

please, for the love of god... use the search button on both this site and the old site at www.rdtiburon.com/old

welcome to the site. don't be affraid to ask questions.... and good luck modding your tib!!!

P.S. - goddamn that was a lot of searching for links and sh1t for this 1 post!! lol

P.S.S - i WOULD have been the first poster in here.... but i went all out w/ the info. suckas
Old 08-25-2004, 09:09 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Start off like iamcyclopseatme said. Most people get an intake and exhaust as there first few mods. It also depends on what you want first, show or go!
Hey if you can afford both at the same time more power to ya. wink.gif
And as for body kits if your thinking of going for the Veilside look. DON'T get the cheap knock off ( VADER ) they sell on e-bay because you will end up with a lot of headaches!!
Old 08-25-2004, 09:16 PM

Default FS : lots of goodies UPDATED 10/10

Thanks alot you guys, I really appreciate the effort put into those posts. I want the go before the show definately. As for this car, I just want a slick ride. I live in a small town and I'm trying to get some of my friends to trick shit out as well, we don't really have any nice cars 'round here. 02.gif

Sparty, thanks for all that good stuff, I got just one more question which I feel like a newb asking... I saw this tibby in Duluth, MN when I was checking out cars and it made like a high pitched squeek when the engine revved up, sounded like injection or something. What was that sexy sound and how do I aquire it?
Old 08-25-2004, 09:16 PM

Default Re: New Tibby. Need help.

Yayayay Gj spart.. smile.gif Im just lazy right now LOL.. Id buy the AeM intake over injen.. Its not only show (for both), but the AEM has PROVEN dyno results higher than any other.. Youll get the most kick from the AEM.. You can get the AEM off ebay $170 shipped, id suggest getting it there to save a little bit of money.. I got mine off there, no problems or junk product whatsoever..
Old 08-25-2004, 09:21 PM

If anyone can find me a direct link to an AEM buynow on ebay that would save me from screwing up. tongue.gif As I've seen that in at least 3 posts now I'm assuming it as the best.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:31 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: 2004 ABQ BBQ - Who's Coming? (ABQ = Albuquerque New Mexi

this will be my last post in here for a lil bit.... i don't want this to turn into a chat. let some other ppl post in here...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sylvermyste)</div><div class='quotemain'>I saw this tibby in Duluth, MN when I was checking out cars and it made like a high pitched squeek when the engine revved up</div> i have NO idea. a squeek?? It can't be a turbo or nething, cuz thats more of a PSSSSST sound. You know. the sound you heard on every car in Fast and Furious... :roll:

and to purchase an AEM, hp.com (www.hyundaiperformance.com) is currently having a summer special. i don't know when this deal is going to end, but it will probably be soon. summer is almost over. what you need to do is sign up on that site, then use the link below to purchase it. You cannot access the sale page through the normal shop.hyundaiperformance.com. $178 shipped is a GREAT price for an AEM intake

http://shop.hyundaiperformance.com/special...als/2004_06.php

It's recommended to get the AEM bypass valve only if you're affraid of running over 2 foot puddles of water. you would have to either find that on ebay, or purchase it from AEM directly. here is their website http://www.aempower.com/ Bypass valves loose MINIMAL power. some refuse to use 'em, and some will ONLY use 'em. its personal preference...

i'm done for now
Old 08-25-2004, 09:31 PM

Hrmm.. Its gone up 15 bux since i bought mine a few months ago.. $185 shipped now, still a good price though..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

Just remember to tell them year, model (just to be SURE), and the color intake you want in the msg box w/ payment..