Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

New Muffler For Motoria...

Old 01-27-2006, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Get a Mugen twin loop muffler.

The twin loop design will make all the raspyness DISSAPEAR. Plus it looks sweet. And when installed will look somwhat stock smile.gif

http://www.jdmcarboy.com/twinloop-muffler.htm

I think I might end up getting this soon
Old 01-27-2006, 12:35 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Won't that ruin the flow?
Old 01-27-2006, 01:04 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Nope, It actually helps
Old 01-27-2006, 01:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Those twin loop things that MK3 posted are hella quiet.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:17 PM

I might have to buy that muffler, Ive been pulled over for my Motoria.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:17 PM

I might have to buy that muffler, Ive been pulled over for my Motoria.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:16 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

haha luckily in d.c. they have biger problems to worry about than ricers with bee bangers.

ok, i love my magnaflow though the sound from tim's single outlet apex'i replica muffler didn't change all that much. the magnaflow sounds a tweak better--like a yaht really. i love how it sounds idling too, not too loud and not too quiet but noticeably cool. though i doubt you'd get a different sound just by taking out your muffler like i've seen on some Geos, or 80's Nissans here driving without mufflers! HAHA.

zoned, why wouldn't anyone buy a straight through magnaflow? That's the one I have. it looks amazing, the polished metal on it is shiny and it's very durable!! magnaflow mufflers can get pretty heavy, i think mine weighs some 15-20 pounds though compared to maybe 5 pound rocket can.

honestly, my number one choice was magnaflow. i didn't get a borla because they basically barfed on REDZ's professional request to make RD Tiburon exhausts. so fvck 'em!!

I have no experience or have ever experimented with any other mufflers. but i'm always open to new tries, ideas, and merchandise. i just hope you buy something you will like and will do ya good. i'm just telling you my experience here with magnaflow. i know for a fact it sounds exactly the same as a motoria because my sister's exhaust is a motoria except mine is louder because i have a full exhaust with headers whereas she just has exhaust.

i wanted that gnarling muffler sound, and i didn't want it to sound like any other car. i wanted mine to sound sweet like a wrx. i'm sorry to break it to you, the V6 Tiburons sound like Ferraris with aftermarket exhaust, but there's really absolutely nothing we can do in our four cylinders to make it sound wild.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:16 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

haha luckily in d.c. they have biger problems to worry about than ricers with bee bangers.

ok, i love my magnaflow though the sound from tim's single outlet apex'i replica muffler didn't change all that much. the magnaflow sounds a tweak better--like a yaht really. i love how it sounds idling too, not too loud and not too quiet but noticeably cool. though i doubt you'd get a different sound just by taking out your muffler like i've seen on some Geos, or 80's Nissans here driving without mufflers! HAHA.

zoned, why wouldn't anyone buy a straight through magnaflow? That's the one I have. it looks amazing, the polished metal on it is shiny and it's very durable!! magnaflow mufflers can get pretty heavy, i think mine weighs some 15-20 pounds though compared to maybe 5 pound rocket can.

honestly, my number one choice was magnaflow. i didn't get a borla because they basically barfed on REDZ's professional request to make RD Tiburon exhausts. so fvck 'em!!

I have no experience or have ever experimented with any other mufflers. but i'm always open to new tries, ideas, and merchandise. i just hope you buy something you will like and will do ya good. i'm just telling you my experience here with magnaflow. i know for a fact it sounds exactly the same as a motoria because my sister's exhaust is a motoria except mine is louder because i have a full exhaust with headers whereas she just has exhaust.

i wanted that gnarling muffler sound, and i didn't want it to sound like any other car. i wanted mine to sound sweet like a wrx. i'm sorry to break it to you, the V6 Tiburons sound like Ferraris with aftermarket exhaust, but there's really absolutely nothing we can do in our four cylinders to make it sound wild.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:24 PM

That muffler MK3 posted is really neat. I might have to try it, but I wonder if it's simply a gimmick. My current Dynomax muffler has an internal S- curve to it already, and while it makes a huge difference over straight-through, it's finally getting to me. Around 3k rpm when I'm accelerating it's too loud in a bassy way. I wonder if this would be the same. The customer impression makes no sense:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Below 3K, you can sort of hear it when the windows are up. But after 3K, say goodbye to quiet and the f*cker gets really loud.

Not sure what loud is, but this is NOT loud. I know what quiet is (Stock setup) and it is def. not quiet upon throttle. When idle, it even gives this nice feeling.sounding to the car.</div>

Edit: nevermind, listened to the clip for that muffler and it sounds terrible. Ugh. That's supposed to sell them?
Old 02-02-2006, 11:24 PM

That muffler MK3 posted is really neat. I might have to try it, but I wonder if it's simply a gimmick. My current Dynomax muffler has an internal S- curve to it already, and while it makes a huge difference over straight-through, it's finally getting to me. Around 3k rpm when I'm accelerating it's too loud in a bassy way. I wonder if this would be the same. The customer impression makes no sense:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Below 3K, you can sort of hear it when the windows are up. But after 3K, say goodbye to quiet and the f*cker gets really loud.

Not sure what loud is, but this is NOT loud. I know what quiet is (Stock setup) and it is def. not quiet upon throttle. When idle, it even gives this nice feeling.sounding to the car.</div>

Edit: nevermind, listened to the clip for that muffler and it sounds terrible. Ugh. That's supposed to sell them?