Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

New guy wondering a couple things

Old 03-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Take the shop to court. A wheel shouldn't just come off. If the shop put the wheels back on your car, go back and raise hell, make them repair the car.

Don't do any mods to your car yet. Read the threads on here and look around, learn before you do. You can waste thousands of dollars before understanding what you're doing. We'll walk you through things.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Repeated for emphasis: whoever put the wheel on your car that failed to stay on your car

MUST

make your car 100% as good as it was before they touche it. No exceptions. If they are jerks about it, go for plus pain and mental anguish damages.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:57 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i persoanlly thank you for being an RD owner, I am also. Love it, super light and fun.

Well spoken, and you have the same enlightened greetings from me as well. I LOVE my RD1 every single day, it's light, decently quick, fun to whip around, and beautiful. I haven't ever gotten bored of it, or the way it looks. If you do the right things, it will give you happiness, AND you will stand out (er, which can be a bad thing in a dull era of motoring)

from what I understand, the scene has completely stopped, it's incredible that you managed to get a hold of an EVO hood. the best chance to get good parts are from people here like 'treezy. is KFX even still active? last I heard it wasn't.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:10 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

I was actually on the phone with the shop when it happened. I picked it up & noticed alot of road noise & vibrations. I figured that the tires just had to break in & get used to the road. But after a couple miles & a really bad vibration, I called them up. They picked up & I told them something wasn't right, all of a sudden BOOM.

They are fixing it though. And damn right for free. From what I'm guessing, they didn't road test it after they put the rims on. Had they, then it would've been immediately apparent to them. Whoever did it at the shop didn't tighten them well enough. Now I need a front driver fender, rotor, bumper, probably an axle. That's all I could see, but I'm sure there's going to be more. This has been my family's mechanic for probably close to a decade now & we've never had anything like this happen. While I'm tempted to take em to court & claim mental damages, I don't want to be that a**hole after the good he's done for us. He told me to call him up or swing through Monday because he's going to be getting all the parts. Frankly, while it will be annoying as all hell to have to get ANOTHER car in such a short time*, I wouldn't mind him searching for a newer car for me. I'll update as things progress.

*I initially had a 2000 Integra. Her name was Becky & she was absolutely amazing. A handful of days away from having her for 6 months, a guy was backing out of his driveway, didn't see me & smashed into me. It cause frame damage between the doors (I had a 4 door). Insurance claimed it totaled & with their money, I bought my Tib. I haven't had my TIb for a year yet. It turns 1 in April. My girlfriend is convinced I shouldn't be getting a red car ever again. Though, it's not my fault both cars were red. I wasn't looking for color, I was looking at car & price.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:44 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

My car is back & looks just like it did pre-accident. Though, the fender is shinier & alittle darker than the rest of the car. But I can't really complain.

I took my car & the wheels to a tire shop. I was told 'The internet is stupid. There's no way those would fit on your car without spacers, which you don't want to be messing with'. That's due to the bolts on my front hub. I'm now getting rid of them if anybody wants. The one that came off the car is perfectly fine. It sustained no damage. If anybody is interested, let me know. They're 15x7 4x100mm Motegi SP10's in Hyper Black. It looks more like a gunmetal color though. There are caps for the middle, I just forgot to put them in.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Accent

I ran spacers on my tib when I had captive hubs (the ones with the bolts) and didn't have a single issue at all. Jus make sure to get spacers that are thick enough to clear your hub bolts. I think my spacers ran my around $5. Do some searching and you should find what you need. Don't let that ruin your chance from having a nice set of wheels.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Spacers are fine. Just make sure they're good quality. I'm pretty sure Invision Automotion carries some on their website.