Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

New Engine

Old 06-29-2004, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, i want to know, if your sick of the power that a beta engine produces, and you want to replace the engine, is there any direct bolt or engines that are made to fit or will fit, a friend is getting one for his civic, but tiburons are alittle harder to fit parts for, so i am wondering if it is possible....
Old 06-29-2004, 06:58 PM

Default New Engine

i heard that you can swap a mitsu engine in a hyundai but i dont know if it can work for a tibby. but then. how can you take pride in your car w/ non-hyundai engine in it? :-D
Old 06-29-2004, 06:59 PM

sorry but a beta will own a honda engine under boost as long as the pistons and rods are forged. go that route because the beta is the best 4 banger hyundai makes and the money you would put in swapping a v6 in there would be alot more than it would take to get your beta to 400+ hp
Old 06-29-2004, 08:10 PM

I blame the hondaphiles for this newest of mods... engine sway this, engine swap that... they make is all seem so easy... when in reality, it is not. Sure it is easy to drop a B18 where a B16 once sat.. but there is a LOT more "little work" involved in getting it to work properly.

Remember, the Beta is already has a larger displacement than most honda four cylinders...
Old 06-29-2004, 08:14 PM

I dont care about beating a honda, i just want to get the most horsepower i can...
Old 06-29-2004, 08:22 PM

Default Kspec GT cams

With enough money, anything is possible.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:32 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (89)</div><div class='quotemain'>With enough money, anything is possible.</div>

How true is that!
Old 06-29-2004, 09:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine)</div><div class='quotemain'>I blame the hondaphiles for this newest of mods... engine sway this, engine swap that... they make is all seem so easy... when in reality, it is not. Sure it is easy to drop a B18 where a B16 once sat.. but there is a LOT more "little work" involved in getting it to work properly.</div>

actually, i hung out in the honda section of af.com for a while. a lot of those guys are actually really knowledgeable. the kinda combinations they try are nuts. kinda cool that with only oem parts, they can get crazy hp just by mixing and matching heads to blocks and what not.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:51 AM

Default Dual Battery, Upgraded Alt, Cap? HELP!!!

Couple of comments on this thread:

1. ummm our engines were origionally designed with the help of Mitsu

2. Mitsu engine swap is possible into our cars but pretty pricey and will not make the difference in hp that it costs to do.

3. I have considered playing with the head/block combinations between the 1.8 and 2.0 and have a shop that will help me with it but I need the money/engines first.....I will let you all know if this ever happens.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:38 PM

Default New Enkei Rims

You also have to realise.. most of those swaps involve putting a larger engine into a smaller car. Like putting the beta into the Accent. If you look on the honda boards.. you will not find may swaps into the Prelude... it already had the bigger 2.2. Treat the Tib like the "lude" and you will understand why there are not many swaps.. there simply is not a better engine to swap in.