Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

New Battery?

Old 07-29-2006, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0t

Yes D34 will fit. Red Tops are for starting(high cranking power) and Yello Tops have a high drain capacity(like deep cycle marine batteries).

I would go for the Yellow top since you have a high draw sound syystem. You may have to get a unviersal hold down bracket aswell.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:15 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

I've been searching websites for the last hour, trying to find a Canadian store that sells Optima. The sears in my town doesn't sell them. 02.gif
I just noticed you said they sell them at Costco. Anyone know if canadian Costco has them?
Old 07-31-2006, 04:04 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0t

Go to Canadian Tire, find someone who looks like they might actually know what they are doing tired.gif

They should be able to order them thru their Keystone special order program.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:53 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

go with a yellow top optima imo, the red top is a high power cranking batery while the yellow top is a deep cycle battery, garunteed to hold its charge after 360 full discharges i belive, so if you got a stero, i'd say go with the yellow top, what i have and think its perfect

and the battery size, 90% of places i asked just ask if its a small one or reguler sized battery, most told me that it takes a mini one and a reg one wont fit and all this other crazy mumbo, i just ignored them and told me to get me a reguler sized yellow top optima, fits perfectly fine just like the old oem one.

only thing you gota change, is your battery clamps, so just go to parts source, buy a pair of those beefy looking ones for like 3 bucks and your set, this is cause at least on the yellow tops, the posts are closer to the center of the battery then the oem one so the + wire in the car has that little clamp with a 90 degree bend in it so it wont reach, easy solution, takes like minutes and 3 bucks