Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Need Serious Help

Old 06-28-2009, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just went out and bought fuess and a fuse tester... only one fuse was blown, and it was in the engine bay... i replaced it. After replacing, my hu now has power. However, guages, floor neons, tailight, etc are still powerless. ALSO, no sound is playing... probably because my amp has no power... which it should.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

it has to be a fuse problem. Recheck the fuses. You must have only found one of the two blown fuses.

Do what REDZMAN said, a fuse might not appear to be blown when it is. Gauges and Taillights are linked to the same fuse. I believe it's also linked to the sunroof, and may or may not be linked to the fog lights.

I've had this problem before, I think the fuse was in the engine bay.

By the way... we have a sticky in this forum called, "Electrical Problems? Fuse information here."
It might help you, and might have saved you a lot of time and headache http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=15789

Description _-_ Amperages _-_ Circuit protected
Fusible link
A (Dark blue) _-_ 100A _-_ Generator
B (Blue) _-_ 20A _-_ Engine control relay, Fuel pump relay
C (Pink) _-_ 30A _-_ Power windows
D (Blue) _-_ 20A _-_ A/C condenser fan control
E (Red) _-_ 50A _-_ Battery power source
F (Green) _-_ 40A _-_ Head lamps, Tail lamps
G (Pink) _-_ 30A _-_ Radiator fan control
H (Pink) _-_ 30A _-_ ABS control
I (Pink) _-_ 30A _-_ ABS control
J (Pink) _-_ 30A _-_ Ignition power source
K (Pink) _-_ 30A _-_ Blower control

Fuse
A/C _-_ 10A _-_ A/C condition control
HORN _-_ 10A _-_ Horn
B/ALARM _-_ 10A _-_ Audio, TCM, ECM
LEFT LAMP (LH) _-_ 10A _-_ Left tail lamps
RIGHT LAMP (RH) _-_ 10A _-_ Right tail lamps
FRONT FOG LAMP _-_ 15A _-_ Front fog lamps
H/LAMP (LOW) _-_ 10A _-_ Head lamps
G/LAMP (HIGH) _-_ 15A _-_ Head lamps
Old 06-28-2009, 10:33 AM

good news.. everything works... except my amp... probs a dif problem.

when the thiefs took it the first time.. the just pulled out the wires so i just reconnected... i dont see why there is no power.. any ideas?
Old 06-28-2009, 11:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I'm assuming the amp is in your trunk? It would really depend how the power was run to it, which would be specific to your installation. The only other thing to suspect could be the remote wire, which is what turns the amp on when the car turns on. Did you hook this wire up?

Old 06-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

verify the amp power lead has power on it. If they yanked on it to get the old amp out it may be disconnected or torn off from wherever it's hooked to power (distribution block?) also check the fuse on the main power cable for the amp. If they yanked and a bare end hit exposed metal, that could short the hot lead and blow the fuse.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:19 PM

Well my gauges, driver tail light, driver head light, fog light, and pretty much all interior lights are not working, so if most of those are linked it would save me a lot of money on some fuses I might not need, so is it possible for anyone to confirm that the tail light is connected to the fog light and gauges?
Old 07-03-2009, 10:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

This should be it's own thread.

There is no single 1 or two fuses that control ALL of that. The left tail lamp fuse in the engine bay fusebox is likely blown, along with either the fog light fuse or fuse 16 in the dash fusebox. Your best bet is to just whip out a multimeter/continuity tester (you can get an analog one for like 15$) or a simple fuse tester. Just check each one.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:39 PM

Alright thanks, I'll use the good ol' continuity tester in the morning, then most likely make a trip to the closest chain garage for some fuses. Thanks for your help and sorry about the offtopic.gif
Old 07-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I would speculate it's probably two blown fuses. One might be related to the head unit. Use the link posted to the sticky thread in this forum.