Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Need Opinions Got Cel

Old 12-15-2008, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok everybody, this all started when me and a friend was backing out of his steep hilly driveway. I should have turned around and drove out straight but I was backing up and talking too much and I backed off the passenger side portion of the ditch. I bareey went off, my back wheel went off onto the other side until my front right tire was hanging off the front portion of the ditch. My left side of the car was always on the ground when this happened. My back left tire was lifting just a little because of the front right tire in the ditch

Anyway, the whole point of the story is that after about 40 mins after my cel came on. I had a friend scan it and he said it was a code for O2 sensor. Something like Blank O2. He cleared it and about 1 day after that it came back on. I reset my ecu and it went off. I realize I should have gotten it scanned first.

Please note I put on an air filter and vacuum sensor on it recently and Im not sure if that could cause a problem. Any help is greatly appreciated

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images0...61f2c9b0f63.jpg

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images0...bcc59397e02.jpg
Old 12-15-2008, 07:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Runon Paragraph? Check.
Picture? Check.
Link? Check.

420fortoday, dude, I've asked you a few times to read and follow the rules here. Please stop with the 13 year old leet speak. Write out the word ONE instead of using the #1, and you can say ASS, we are all adults here.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

LOL. I went through and cleaned it up. I think I got the important info.

Is the CEL on now? If it is get it scanned and get us the code number. Not some explanation someone gives you but the number itself and we can go from there. I dont like that intake setup at all. I would get an AEM or spend just the 40 bucks on a cheap one. Anything would be better I think.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:53 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

Well...i'll probably be the only one to read that whole mess of a paragraph. I got to read it before it got cleaned up

Sounds like you have a CEL for one of your oxygen sensors, find out which sensor is throwing, its either 1 or 2, the scanner will tell you.

The only thing I can think of is you tore your flex pipe when your wheel was in this "ditch." That would lead to your 2nd sensor throwing a code.

You didn't say the car ran like crap or different afterward, so thats why I lead more toward the 2nd sensor.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:29 PM

Lol, my bad didnt know you have to have a degree in English class. Dude btw when I type I just type have no time to make paragraphs and spelling everything right. But I will try my damnest to follow the rules. Ill get the code if it comes back on. But for right now all I can do is wait. I really hope it doesnt come back up.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Nowhere does it say you need to have a degree. How it's possible to have a degree in English class, I have no idea.

You can type how you want, but leet speak BULLSHIT is not allowed here. Type all jumbled up, it's not against the rules, but you will get little to no help typing that way. I for one refused to even read your post,it was a jumble of crap.

As for your codes, it doesn't matter if it's gone, they can still see what codes you've had recently.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:25 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

you gotta write down the code. then we'll know.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:28 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby4204LiFe @ Dec 15 2008, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Dude btw when I type I just type have no time to make paragraphs and spelling everything right.</div>
If you don't want to take the time to form a cohesive logical explanation, why should anyone else take the time to read it, decipher it and respond in a helpful manner? It's just a matter of respect man, if you dont have time, take it to a shop and be rude to them.

As for the problem, I agree with sea-ray, you probably messed up your flex pipe or second O2 sensor.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:38 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby4204LiFe @ Dec 15 2008, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Lol, my bad didnt know you have to have a degree in English class. Dude btw when I type I just type have no time to make paragraphs and spelling everything right. But I will try my damnest to follow the rules.</div>

Dude let me give you some advice. Anyone in the ADULT world (and here for that matter) could care less about the whole 420 thing. Do we have members who smoke up? Yes. Do they go around 420'ing everything? No The whole for life thing tells me without even talking to you that your probably just some stoner fresh out of high school or still in school that wants to think they are cool smoking weed. Not the best first impression to give off when asking for help.

You could request to have your user name changed to something more respectable, but with only 4 posts could just be one bong hit away from floating away.

Would you hit a wasp nest with a baseball bat in the middle of summer? Dont piss off the staff, same concept.

Now, When you get your code read at your local auto store for free, please refer to this list
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...cel+codes\

And let us know what code and description you are having problems with on your car.