Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Need Lots Of Help Asap

Old 03-28-2007, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra 2000

You could also have some damaged relays, I'd check that and all fuse again (both under hood and in car)
Old 03-28-2007, 09:09 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

well buming rides sucks 02.gif but an update

had the battery disconnected overnight so with the ecu fuse pulled and neg. terminal off the ecu was reset

now my deck, i checked the back, blown fuse so hoping that fixes it, sunroof relay works, door window relay (auto up) doesnt, guessing the fuse there is blown too, didnt have time to take off the door panel

now i think the problem with not turning off has to do with my remote starter since without pressing any buttons on the remote the car starts up and idles, drives back in R and first about 2 feet fine also (in garage) and turns off ok and no CEL was thrown. didnt take it for a spin since my brakes arnt that great, was gona bleed the brakes but couldnt find any tube i could stick on the bleeder so hope to do that soon

with my brakes, the reservoir is full and when im driving (or drove yesterday) i press the brake pedal to the floor and it sorta slowley brakes as if i had applied barley any pressure but when idling there is pretty good resistance against the pedal, would bleeding the brakes solve this? someone mentioned that whenever they did there axles they always had to bleed there brakes, and i had all 4 rotors replaced with pads and axles off to do clutch so could all this stretching of the tubes done this?

then a few problems i cant seem to diagnose at all, my clock is always on, even when everything turns off fine, the clock stays on and my blower i can turn on too when everythings off

now when i use my remote starter at all, lock/unlock doors, theres no way for me to turn off the car besides pulling ecu fuse and then neg. cable, i had my starter installed back when i was a newb and couldnt tell left from right on my car so i have nooo clue where the brain for it is or could be installed, it was installed by future shop long time ago so if any has any ideas where they could of mounted it that would be good, could it be something inside the brain thats messed up? cause i dont think a fuse could cause something like that

oh and with the obd reader rental, i called everything and cant seem to get anyone, so once i get my brakes going if the CEL pops up i should be able to go check

thanks again for the help guys

edit: also when i put it in reverse and drove the 2 feet slowley and then back in first, my HID's flickered ALOT
Old 03-28-2007, 09:27 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vladimer @ Mar 28 2007, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>with my brakes, the reservoir is full and when im driving (or drove yesterday) i press the brake pedal to the floor and it sorta slowley brakes as if i had applied barley any pressure but when idling there is pretty good resistance against the pedal, would bleeding the brakes solve this? someone mentioned that whenever they did there axles they always had to bleed there brakes, and i had all 4 rotors replaced with pads and axles off to do clutch so could all this stretching of the tubes done this?</div>

check your brake booster vacuum line if it is off or leaking!
did you somehow opened up the bleeding screw when you did the install? if yes, then you need to bleed the brakes... bleading the brakes is something you should do when you change your brake pads anyways as a maintenance procedure

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>now when i use my remote starter at all, lock/unlock doors, theres no way for me to turn off the car besides pulling ecu fuse and then neg. cable, i had my starter installed back when i was a newb and couldnt tell left from right on my car so i have nooo clue where the brain for it is or could be installed, it was installed by future shop long time ago so if any has any ideas where they could of mounted it that would be good, could it be something inside the brain thats messed up? cause i dont think a fuse could cause something like that</div>

yes a blown fuse will cause something like this... check the fuse on the remote starter unit

now, there's always a chance that the relay on the remote starter unit might be the culprit as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>oh and with the obd reader rental, i called everything and cant seem to get anyone, so once i get my brakes going if the CEL pops up i should be able to go check</div>

obd code readers!!! have you seen my thread? http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=20072
they are only like $35 shipped (your local princess auto store sells them like $75 plus tax)

for everything else.. good luck, hopefully you get the car back normal again
Old 03-29-2007, 11:05 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

disconnect the remote starter and see how that leaves you.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:23 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

good news, got the brakes working and everything else,

bad news...

i honestly want to kill something mad.gif

alright, so i get it all working more or less, turns out the remote starter is the problem for the rest of the issues

now i disconnected the brain and the car functions fine, so i reconnect it and the same deal, next step i did is i tried to swap out the relays that the starter has to see if that was the problem, i swap out the relays for new ones and now it doesnt start at all, the battery was abit dead, not enough to start the car but enough that the clock and hud, door actuators and all can work fine

i tried swaping back and still the same thing, could the new relays be broken? or did i hook the new and old ones up wrong?

took abunch of pics of what it looks like

this is the wire that comes out of the red wire from the steering column and gets slit into 4 female couplers
pic 1
pic 2

the blue and silver is power im guessing since there the largest wires and the brown and gray are somekind of switch wires for the relay is my guess since they lead straight back to the box as far as i can tell, the silver and blue wire come from the hole right above the fuse box
pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

this wire comes from 2 little wires, changes colors like 3 times in a foot and a half length and then taps into that green wire
pic 1

ground wire
ground wire

2 relays, tapped together, they were the ones in the car
pic 1

new new relays
pic 1

heres a video of what it does when i try to start
just put in the 3 digit number and press submit, should take you to the download
http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/127057/Picture-011-mpg.html

this is frustrating, im actually stumped as to where to look,

everything i can find mentions these kind of relays for a remote starter to do something with the door actuators to lock/unlock them, if thats so then what could be the problem with the ignition since i didn't do anything besides fiddle with these things

==================================

ok so i think i figured most of the wires out, the red goes from the ignition cylinder, should be the constant 12v
blue/silver is the actuator motor since it leads into the door
brown/green is the door lock/unlock wire
black is ground

now what i dont get is why i still have this problem 02.gif

checked over the connections, they all seem ok, the little dinger dings when i put the keys in the ignition, the door and trunk ajar lights are on like normal but nothing else turns on with the turn of the key, no deck, no dash light check, no clock, no nothing

=====

another thing i noticed is that the door and trunk ajar lights are the ONLY things that work, my handbrake light doesnt come on either, its like nothings getting power except my key in ignition dinger, door locks work fine, and trunk/door ajar lights

and brake/parking lights if i turn them on or put the fuses in for the remote start, then there always on

====
and one more thing, i noticed that the relay under the hood, for Tail 1 was ticking away like mad so i swapped it out for another relay under there and it didnt make a noise anymore, so i think the relay that i have for tail1 is bad,

is there anyway for me to figure out if any other relays are bad? like with a volt meter or something, cause there little black boxes so you cant see in