Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Need Lots Of Help Asap

Old 03-27-2007, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

alright well heres whats wrong and then the storys behind it

-car wont turn off
-smell abit burning
-if i pull ecu fuse the dash lights still on as if key was in ignition
-deck not working
-brakes barley work
-clutch grabs mad hard <- probably new clutch
-steering wheels off
-CEL

alright well i got my clutch done yesterday and as i was assembling everything after working for so long, it being the end your mind does stupid things, well i the dumbass put my optima in backwards so i ended up putting the + wires on the negative post and the - wires on the positive post, lots of sparks, started swearing car wouldnt get any power besides the door and trunk ajar light on dash, all i could find was a blown 100a fuse under the hood, that main one off the bottom left of the box

replaced it today, all electricals worked, i tried to start the car, nothing, tried like 5 more times, nothing, took out the volt meter, hooked it to the battery, started car and it started, wierd so i turn it off, turns off fine and my remote door lock thing works without a hitch,

i go take a shower, come back to the car and for the first time throw it into gear, with the southbend clutch and XTD flywheel it jerks like a mofo, theres almost no way to creep up to anything, guess i just need some practice with it

back out onto the street and realize my brakes barley work, i stomp to the floor and it barley slows before somewhat catching and braking, and my brake fluid resevoir is full, more full then i remember it, i never touch any of the lines when i replaced the rotors or pads but would bleeding solve this?

then i pull up to a friends house, about 10-15 blocks away, maybe a 2-3 min. drive and i sorta smell something burning, and my headlights keep flickering then i try to turn my car off and nothing, car just simply stays on, so i pull the ecu fuse and the dash lights still stay on as if the keys were in the ignition, get pissed and head inside, try to remote lock doors and nothing, guessing it doesnt work cause it thinks the keys are still in the ignition

then i go back out to the car like 15min later and start it up, still starts fine but now i got a CEL,

drive home, stall like 3 times on the lip of my drive way cause i dont want to give it to much gas or i wont be able to stop, but its pretty sensitive and died on me

and now its currently parked in the garage again, its my daily driver so trying to sort this out quick if i can

i cant get my CEL checked since i dont have a reader and i really dont feel safe driving that car through traffic and we got 10cm of snow today and its dark as hell out so i really not in the mood to check the car out tonight, just want some sleep finnaly 02.gif should be able to check into it tommorow, dont really know what to look for though so HELP please 02.gif
Old 03-27-2007, 10:10 PM

Location: York. About 2hrs from Philly and 4 hours from Pittsburgh

That is some messed up sh#t right there. I wouldnt know where to begin besides checking the cel. I'd get a friend to drive you to advanced auto parts and borrow an obd tool from them (I think they loan them but I'd call and check first.) Then I'd check webtech for an explanation of the code (or you could pm me if you cant find it on there. I've got the workshop manual so I'm sure I can dig up the code somewhere in there.)

It almost sounds like your whole ecu just took a dump, but that is very unlikely.

As far as the clutch goes, I just put in an act not too long ago and yea they are very different and very gripy.

"Car wont turn off." Well at least you have your very own turbo timer. Haha, j/k man.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:21 PM

im pretty sure theres no place around here that loans the obd readers since i remember i tried calling around for a one last month and the part source and autozone and they told me they dont rent them out cause its electrical and easy to bust

and ya i guess you could look at it that way, i got a complicated turbo timer, gota pull the ecu fuse and ground off the battery just to turn it off lol
Old 03-27-2007, 10:36 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i wish i could help but that's totally bizarre. what kind of burning? oil or electrical? man... that sucks you really need to get that code read.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:38 PM

im not sure, couldn't locate it before it went away, lingered for a few seconds, but definitely smelled burning, ill call around tomorrow, see if theres anyway to somehow get one somewhere
Old 03-27-2007, 11:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The burning smell could easily be the clutch. You did say that you are still trying to get used to it and stalled it a couple times. Just a thought though.

I wouldn't drive the car with the brakes so iffy. ESPECIALLY in the snow (but we dont have that problem here in florida cool.gif )

good luck.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:39 AM

Vehicle: car

Autozone is lying to you. I just rented a loaner OBD2 scanner to someone yesterday. I'll get you the part #. Sorry bout the car man, soun ds tough. I don't even know... Good luck
Old 03-28-2007, 06:51 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

To my knowledge we don't have Autozone stores in Canada so I don't know what that's about.

Hooking up the positive and negative leads to the wrong side of the battery is BAD news. You could have very easily caused damage to lots of sensitive electronic components/sensors such as the ECU. The CEL might help steer you in the right direction.

The smell could be the clutch or could be some gear lube, grease or oil that was spilled on the engine or exhaust that is burning off.

For the brake problem you might want to check that vacuum lines are still connected to the brake booster.

Just a suggestion. If you are relatively inexperienced in these things as it sounds like you are (nothing wrong with that, so am I) it's probably not a good idea to be doing a number of things at the same time. Complete one task and make sure everything is working properly before going on to the next. That way if you are having a problem it will make it easier to figure it out.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:14 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vladimer @ Mar 28 2007, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>im pretty sure theres no place around here that loans the obd readers since i remember i tried calling around for a one last month and the part source and autozone and they told me they dont rent them out cause its electrical and easy to bust</div>

You don't rent them, borrow them. the suckers never leave the cleark's hand anymore.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:04 AM

everytime i've pulled the axles in my tib, I've had to bleed my brakes. For some reason they get spongy. must be that the lines get stretched. This has happened to both my tibs. as far as the clutch, as long as its engaging at a normal height on the pedal, it should be ok.

Also, I once put the battery backwards in my old Sonata. I had to replace half the fuses. My guess is that something in your key's ignition system thing is fried and stuck open. might have to get a new starter solenoid (I think thats the right part, someone confirm). the burning might have been that getting fused open.