Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Need Help..oil Light

Old 09-04-2008, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

today my oil light came on while driving, the oil is not low and the light kinda fades away at times..also when i press the clutch down the light goes completely away. does anyone have any advice on what i should do? thanks
Old 09-04-2008, 07:39 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Have you checked the wiring and the sensor to make sure they are not chaffed/worn/cut/loose?
Old 09-04-2008, 07:47 PM

where is the wiring and the sensor located in the car?
Old 09-04-2008, 08:00 PM

Well, we could go into great detail of where it is, and the entire routing of wire, but it's probably best if you grab the manual and find out. You know... the whole teach a man to fish thing.

You've checked the oil level, but I've seen people swear theirs was right, and they checked it while the car was running. I'm not saying you're that dumb at all, but it happens.

Does the oil light go away when you rev it up?

Do you have a mechanical oil gauge? You should get one to check pressure mechanically so you can get a good baseline of which way to go. If it's low, it's obviously a mechanical problem, and your best bet is to get a new engine.

I've recommended doing that to every customer of mine that has low oil pressure, but some still won't believe me. So I do as they say and replace the oil pump (you know... they just know better) and later on down the road the engine's locked up with a new oil pump. See, oil pumps usually don't go bad. I've seen very few actually do that. It's usually bearing clearances that get worn out from lack of maintenance, so the oil has free roam to go wherever, and it builds zero pressure.

Now, if you have good pressure on the mechanical gauge and the oil light's still coming on, it's something electronic, either the pressure transducer, or the wiring itself.