Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Need help! Knocking noise!

Old 02-10-2005, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah. I'm very happy that it was so simple and I didn't have to do anything else in this freezing weather!

I just cut the whole plastic thing off, so now you can see my tranny from the wheel well smile.gif
Old 02-10-2005, 09:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead)</div><div class='quotemain'>They are little internal thingies... to check those you would have to tear off the head and such. If I'm understanding the meaning of an engine bearing correctly.</div>

ummm, what about the main bearings? wink1.gif
Old 02-10-2005, 10:30 PM

yeah you did get lucky. last time i heard a knocking noise in my car it costed a new transmission
Old 02-11-2005, 06:50 AM

just a warning.. you might want to consider getting a replacement for that piece sooner or later. Without it you are going to have a MUCH more dirty engine compartment, it MIGHT compromise your cooling, and a lot of junk that gets thrown up by that wheel will be hitting things in their.. that guard is not just there to keep things nice...
Old 02-11-2005, 10:49 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OdessitPashka)</div><div class='quotemain'>...My dad tells me to sell the car while it's running along with all the crap that I bought and buy another car....</div>

I'm glad you didn't listen to your dad this time ... wink1.gif

About the plastic cover, MadMachine is right, it's not a good idea to drive without it, plus, it keeps the hot air from the engine to get into the fenderwell where your intake seats so...
Old 02-11-2005, 12:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah... I would cut off the piece thats rubbing and reinstall it at least. Or if it was just lose, get a replacement bolt.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:59 PM

Well, I cut the hell out of that piece, so it's not replacable....

Also for the intake, it sits in the other well, one closer to the fogs. I barely fit my filter inthere, so no hot air is gonna get there.

The only thing I'm concerned is a little more dirt on my tranny, shouldn't be too big of a deal though smile.gif

My dad doesn't like the idea of me trying to modify a 4cyl FWD car, he thinks that I should modify a car that has a higher potential and stronger parts, refering to american's cars. Even though he doesn't like my ideas, he's still supporting me and always gives me a hand when I need it.

Regarding a new car, I was thinking about 94-97 camaro. If I sold my car and all the aftermarket parts that I have, I would have more than enough money, and even money for modding the new car, but it aint happening until I'll be able to beat 8cyl cars with my 4cyl fwd car smile.gif
Old 02-11-2005, 02:35 PM

I have driven an 96 Camaro SS.. I hated it. All the controls are HEAVY, you drive laying down, and you cannot see the nose of the car beyond the edge of that godaweful windsheild.... not to mention the fact I thought the lighting really sucked... you needed to drive with the fogs on all the time to see anything... it however, was fun for doing burnouts and donuts... and once on the highway, it was not a bad car for cruising for hours on end..
Old 02-11-2005, 02:59 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have driven an 96 Camaro SS.. I hated it. All the controls are HEAVY, you drive laying down, and you cannot see the nose of the car beyond the edge of that godaweful windsheild.... not to mention the fact I thought the lighting really sucked... you needed to drive with the fogs on all the time to see anything... it however, was fun for doing burnouts and donuts... and once on the highway, it was not a bad car for cruising for hours on end..</div>

I had the same feeling when I was in corvette, you can't see anything and front of the car feels too big, but I'd get used to it eventually. but I'm not getting a camaro up until my tib fails completely or I get enough money to pay for insurance for both cars(I'm 20, ins is very high) and get that extra cash to get one.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

A Corvette/Camaro's nose is long... after I drive the 'Vette and hop in the Tib, I can swear I'm about to rear end someone but I'm like five feet away.

Get an older 'Vette/Camaro... and get an antique plate. Least thats what we have in VA. Very cheap insurance, and keep the Tib as the daily driver.