Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Need Help! Fuse Keeps Blowing!

Old 04-21-2005, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

do you have anything at all connected to your parking lights?
Old 04-21-2005, 10:49 PM

nope. why would I?

I'm reading your thread now.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:54 PM

yeah i tried all the stuff other people said and nothing worked....in the end you will read im sure that all i ended up doing was inspecting all the wires, tightening some grounds, and then it just worked..if i were you what i would do is move the lower crash panel, and check the dimmer harness. the green/white wire in that (i think) is the int. lights one, see if it's stripped or something somewhere. besides subs and an amp, do you have any aftermarket electronics?
maybe you could try plugging the stock stereo back in and disconnecting the subs+amp to see if it is somehow related to your stereo install
Old 04-21-2005, 10:55 PM

By 2 other wires from your HU to your amp other than the Remote wire, I'm assuming you mean the RCA cables? If not...I'm a little lost...did you use a harness or did you wire directly to your aftermarket HU?
Old 04-21-2005, 10:57 PM

Sony HU, but that's been in my car for half a year already.

I'm probably gonna take everything apart tomorrow and tape everything up because I never used any tape before.

Yes, that's what they are called. RCA cables. Yes, I used those, and they are directly connected from the HU to the amp.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:02 PM

Yea, the best thing is to open that bad boy up and take a look. Problem could be nothing more than a bare/stripped wire touching something it shouldn't be...tape could be the only correction necessary.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:03 PM

I hope so man smile.gif It's PITA to drive at night and not knowing how fast your are going.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:06 PM

^^i know, when that happened to me it was when i was at the gas station (evening, that's why i flipped my lights on) i was fueling up for a 2 hour drive.
i had to go too, it sucked.

anyway, just open it up and take a look .. if you don't find anything related to your stereo install, then definitely check the dimmer harness.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:11 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I hope so man It's PITA to drive at night and not knowing how fast your are going.</div>

same frikkin thing happened to me!! cost me frikkin $250 to fix. yes, my shop is ripping me the heck off and i'm never going back.

my speedo stopped working last week. i got it checked out no problem. then, second time it stops working my wipers stop working. i got it fixed by replacing the speedo sensor. then it happens all over again. the problem was that my wiper motor was causing a fuse to blow.

so i go to the shop and they get me this used a$$ rusted a$$ wiper motor that works wierd and now my wipers are working like chop sticks...but that got rid of the problem. lost $250, good wiper motor, a fuse, a sensor... and some time.

my advice man, is to check your fusebox to see if there is somekind of shortage.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:15 PM

I checked the fuse box today and everything is fine.

Actually, do you have a click coming out of the fuse box when you turn your lights on? I do.

Mr. Walter is ripping you off man? Where am I gonna get my stuff painted???