Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Need Help

Old 05-28-2007, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

The other night I was turning onto the bend towards my house, then I heard a loud screetching noise when I turned my steering wheel either way. It became real tough to move the wheels so I left her on the curb infront of my house. I checkd it out and noticed when I go to turn the wheel that the pulley on the power steering pump stops moving and makes a screetch noise. I changed the pump but I think it was bad because I still had the same problem after the new 1 was on. Now my new one comes in tomorrow, but IF its not the bad pump what else could it be? I need some help here guys. Thanks!
Old 05-28-2007, 04:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

if you need another pump, i have one that works perfect and ill get rid of it for cheap. let me know. also, make sure ALL belts are tight. i had a loose alternator belt and it would screech like that
Old 05-28-2007, 05:28 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

If I need another Ill let you know, all my belts are tight I believe. Though I doubt that would cause a pulley to stop lol. Ill double check just in case