Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Na Or Turbo

Old 05-16-2006, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi people this is my dilema , my car is a daily drive but i like a litle extra power , i dont like lose confort or safety in my car but y like go to the trak and bet some civic's , neon's and stuf like this .

i ben thinking work mi motor N/A , some header , cam work , clutch , trothle , etc my goal is maybe 200hps , but the last week my cousing put a turbo t3/t4 in this celica and work awesome .

what beneficts and cost have N/A and Turbo thanks a lot

pd : i dont have a lot o money ok if i put a turbo is a t3/t4 whit stock internals , how many psi i can put whit out kill my engine I have 90k kilometers
Old 05-16-2006, 12:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

not going to get a lot of responses other than search. its very hard to reach 200 with n/a. a low boost setup would still be very reliable for daily driver. do some searching
Old 05-16-2006, 12:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

wow now that almost looks like you were posting drunk

translation please?
Old 05-16-2006, 12:55 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gonzalo @ May 16 2006, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>hi people this is my dilema , my car is a daily drive but i like a litle extra power , i dont like lose confort or safety in my car but y like go to the trak and bet some civic's , neon's and stuf like this .

i ben thinking work mi motor N/A , some header , cam work , clutch , trothle , etc my goal is maybe 200hps , but the last week my cousing put a turbo t3/t4 in this celica and work awesome .

what beneficts and cost have N/A and Turbo thanks a lot

pd : i dont have a lot o money ok if i put a turbo is a t3/t4 whit stock internals , how many psi i can put whit out kill my engine I have 90k kilometers</div>
Hi people this is my dilema. my car is a daily driver but i would like a little extra power. I dont want to lose comfort or safety in my car but would like to go to the track and beat some honduhs

I have been thinking about N/A. Headers, cams, clutch, TB, etc. my goal is around 200hp. but last week my cousin put in a t3/t4 turbo and i loved it lol

what benefits and costs does N/A and turbo have. thanks a lot

PS- i dont have a lot of money. if i put a t3/t4 on with stock internals, how much boost can i run. i have 90k on the motor now
Old 05-16-2006, 12:58 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

lmao.gif

yeah man, proper english and complete sentences please..

*thanks homey, LOL

search this topic. it's been covered A LOT. EVERYONE comes here asking this same question.

here's some things to consider and maybe stuff to search...

do you know enough about turbos? (read Maximum Boost)
you do realize there is no bolt on turbo kit, therefore you have to go custom if you want to turbo, right?
and once you get a turbo installed, what are you going to do about fuel/tuning? are you educated enough to do it yourself (SEARCH if you're not and read some books, you can learn!)
but do you have enough money to build 200 (do you want HP or WHP?) on n/a? (cai, bbtb, airram, headers, exhaust)
you're going to need all of those basic bolt ons, a set of cams and a reprogrammed ecu, and MAF->MAP conversion (all can be had via Airborne's group buy)

please use the search function to your advantage and educate yourself more

in general, most people start with n/a, get more familiar with their car, and then once they feel they know enough they move on to FI if they want. I personally am buying bolt ons that will help me when i am n/a and when i am turboed (someday...), like an airram, full exhaust, and bbtb for example.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

The guy is from Venezuela. I doubt Engrish is his first language. How many of you can speak another language? Chill out guys.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:53 PM

^ pwned you lol

but search is your friend, n/a 200 whp. hope you have a 5000 dollars +
go turbo.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:16 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

turbo horses cost lower than n/a
Old 05-16-2006, 03:21 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JonGTR @ May 16 2006, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The guy is from Venezuela. I doubt Engrish is his first language. How many of you can speak another language? Chill out guys.</div>
^^^
I was wondering if you guys did notice he was not from the US or an engrish speaking country... lmao.gif
however, it probably is difficult enough for him to ask the questions, I don't want to imagine how difficult it should be to understand all the threads... however, proper engrish is desired and required on the forums wink1.gif

Hey, Gonzalo, please use the search button (right under the top banner); and please let me get friendly with our new member from Venezuela, and he is by the way our only member from there right?
Gonzalo, si no conoces mucho de mecánica, te será difÃ*cil lidiar con un turbo que quieras instalar tu mismo en tu auto, tienes que conocer mucho del auto, o lo puedes echar a perder del todo.
Tienes 3 ocpiones:
1) Poner un buen dinero en comprar un turbo-kit que venga ya preparado; aunque te suene a sorpresa, no hay muchos, acá en el forum hay un miembro que está en Corea, su user es Airborne, y él está armando un kit; pero tienes que meter como $3000+
2) Conseguir alguien que sepa lo que está haciendo, pero que sepa a la perfección lo que hace con tu auto, alguien que lo haya hecho al menos en un par de Hyundais antes (no importa cuantos Corolla o Celica haya hecho; por más que te digan que todos los autos son iguales, no lo son, y las computadoras de Hyundai no son comunes como las de Toyota)
3) Seguir con tu carro NA, porque en NA puedes hacerle realmente muchas modificaciones antes de necesitar meterte con la electrónica del auto, que es la parte más difÃ*cil en nuestros paÃ*ses sudamericanos donde no abundan los "tuners" con conocimientos de electrónica y los equipos adecuados.
Espero te ayude, igual usa el search porque acá hay toneladas de información en cómo ponerle turbo a los autos, qúé hacer y qué no hacer. Recuerda que tu computadora es DIFERENTE a la que tienen la mayoria de miembros acá (todos los de USA y Canada tienen una solo para esos paÃ*ses).
wink1.gif
Old 05-16-2006, 03:45 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

I speak Hindi, English, and some Spanish cool.gif