Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

N/A Tuning for our cars

Old 01-26-2005, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, IMO I don't need the higher end power quite so much. I can already go fast enough with my car being stock that I get speeding tickets like crazy, so who needs the higher end power tongue.gif They can get up to be pretty damn fast as is. However, the 0-60 seems important to me as I've needed to use that in more situations than higher end power. I'm just not sure where to go with what parts. I just got the MBRP exhaust and plan on getting CAI after that. Not sure where to go from there. I mean, I know the normal list of stuff to do but I'm not sure what I should get for the gains I want to achieve.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:38 PM

If you want lower end, get a 4-2-1 header and an AirRam..they'll help you with torque
Old 01-26-2005, 10:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

He asked if he would lose low-end. I explained it so he would understand. You got a problem with it then don't answer on the post... this post has been about more uncommon N/A modifications since mechanix posted. This was never an I/H/E thread. I try to ignore people like you who turn threads into flame wars...

BTW, AirRam? Whos giving crap advice now... its a 68mm short running high capacity plenum for crying out loud. Its not going to give anyone any low end power...

Hopefully your not stealing the topic... but if you want more low-end than Intake/4-2-1 Header/2.25 inch exhaust is the way to go. Since you want low-end, you shouldn't mess with the cam profile. Everything after the Intake (TB, IM) is going to add more to the mid-top.

Keep in mind this a 4 cylinder and was never meant to be really strong on the low-end. Its already a very good low-end car to begin with.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:46 PM

you know what Ham..you're fricken arrogant little kid...thinks he knows it all and dosn't know squat...how many times have you been corrected? How many different people have told you were wrong...quite a few...but you still post acting like you know it all and you're just a 17yr old picking his nose..say what you want little boy...some kid who has everything from his parents ehh...say whatever you want..let's PM this...I apologize to the guy who started this thread. If you want to talk Ham...PM me, ..we'll talk

And to make this pertain to the topic, ham...there was dyno where an individual got 14lbs of torque over stock and only two horsepower..who know's more..hate to say it punk but you got owned by me AGAIN!!!
Old 01-26-2005, 10:57 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That 14 pound feet was in the midrange. 4000-4200RPM... we are talking about low-end. And he was having car problems anyway... there isn't a definitive dyno on it, but even KSPEC says its for mid-high...

Quote KSPEC:
The gain is most noticeable at 4500RPM and higher range.

Owned what? BTW pound feet measures torque... As in pound feet of torque... LMAO...
Old 01-26-2005, 10:59 PM

I said 14lbs of torque you tool..quit making excusses for yourself..that's what the dyno said..granted he had problems with his car and could've gotten more horsepower if everyhthing went well..
Old 01-26-2005, 11:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think the above is a little overkill.. would probably sit you near 190 if anything..</div>

As with most of your posts, this shows you know nothing about the beta, or tuning it. I'm about to suspend your account from posting rights for a month or 2, so you can catch up with the rest of us.

eyeroll.gif

BOTH of you, knock the fighting off. At least one of you had the decency to PM me ahead of time about this and apologize.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:00 AM

Thanks REDZ.. I do not know why people have to start this stuff when I am either working or sleeping and I can't step in and put a cork in it.