Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

My wife's tiburon

Old 08-19-2007, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006/hyundai
Default My wife's tiburon

So yeah, I'm not even trying to be a racer or anything, but i have an '06 4cyl automatic tiburon that's pretty much for work and back. I've got a few ideas for it, but they're all cosmetic, its a girl car that's just for looks pretty much. I would like to add an exhaust and/or cold air intake for better mileage and pickup, but not being in the car scene too much, I really have no idea what brands or exactly what products would be worth putting on the car. Anyway, lemme know if anyone knows what's worth adding to this little car and where to find them cheap. Thanks, Tasha.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:49 PM

Vehicle: 1997, hyundai, tiburon

ebay.. haha NAWT!! go over to newtiburon.com there all the same as yours basically so they will know whats good and not for them cars, i understand a "work" car but why a 4 when they come in 6, full auto or the trip things?
Old 01-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

If its just a point A to point B car, then you have the right idea about doing small basic mods to it. An exhaust and Cold Air Intake are the best bangs for the buck, in regards to getting a nice decent increase in power, fuel economy, and overall fun factor to drive....without actually killing your bank account.

Alot of people are perfectly content with doing those types of things.

- Upgrade the stereo system or head unit
- nice set of rims & tires
- Cold Air Intake
- Exhaust
- Window Tint

And there ya have it. Not a whole lot, but enough to really make it stand out a little more and be more pleasurable to drive. However, once you start doing a few things (no matter how small they may be), the customizing bug will bite you and you may find yourself wanting to do more and more and more, until you end up with a full all out race car or show vehicle. *lol* But everyone usually starts somewhere, and those steps are the bullets I listed above.

What ever you decide to do, either way...it will definitely make your car stand out a little more (in a good way) and you'll have fun driving and owning it no matter what. So on that note, good luck, and we're all here to help out in your journey to make your car fit your personality a little more. wink.gif
Old 01-22-2008, 06:54 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

^^Those are all mods I had initially set out to do and have yet to change the exhaust. I've had the car for almost 4 years now,huh huh.gif
Old 01-23-2008, 10:34 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

AEM has the best intake, and almost any ebay exhaust is better than stock.