Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

My Tiburon...your Suggestions...

Old 12-05-2008, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

COTM is great place to see pics and i would check the DIY forum for more ideas of the things people are doing. make sure you look at the sticky in the DIY forum because all the really good threads are linked from the first sticky.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:51 PM

ok i will do somemore research. the reason why im not doing the work myself is because i jus got here to Iraq and i have another 11 months left. yes i do make about 120,000 but i have a limit i put on my car. i dont wanna put all the money i made on a car. plus i have a CRX to build too. lol
Old 12-05-2008, 08:37 PM

well dont be afraid to ask questions just look around before you do and ask to get clear answers.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Sorry, my reply may have seemed a bit abrupt and rude. We get a lot of members here who are one-post-wonders and ask, "what can I do to make my car fast?!" .. they want to be spoon fed.

You don't have much history on the site, so it'd be nice to know your level of experience and knowledge, and what you're planning on doing with your car. I see now that you've already done some stuff to it. If you just wanna dump money into it and have someone else take care of it, that's one thing. If you want to put forth the maintenance and repairs, that's something different.

How involved do you want to be? Not knowing the type of person you are, it's hard for us to tell you what would work best in your situation. If you give us a defined budget amount, we can tell you what that will buy you... but leaving it wide open, well... there's too much ambiguity.

You definitely need to do more research, but don't hesitate to ask questions (even if our harshness turns you away). It's the only way to learn and get a good final plan... BUT, we need to know more about your goals and what you want. We can't tell you what body kit to get - someone will say Cuda, another MPS, and some idiot will say Veilside. That doesn't help you.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:05 PM

First of all, where in Iraq are you? I just got back in July after spending a year Baqouba, Iraq while deployed with the 101st Abn Div. Thanks for supporting the troops with what you do.

As for suggestions on with your vehicle, it all depends on what your priority is. If your goal is speed you may want to start with a better platform vehicle, the 2003 V6 model is very accomodating to modifications. I spent a lot of money on a toyota celica once and its not a shadow of what my eclipse GSX is in terms of performance.

If you just want to improve on what you have, forum user Socs here is putting together a nice turbo kit for our 2.0 liter engines. Having dealt with turbo cars for the past 10 years myself I am impressed with the detailed research he has taken so far to develop the kit. Good luck with whatever route you decide to follow.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

^ you were in the 101st? Located in Fort Campbell? I'm in Nashville

I agree - talk to SOCKS about the turbo setup you would like, he's selling kits right now. www.FlyRyde.com is also a resource you might want to use for parts (his username on the site is Blacktibs)
Old 12-06-2008, 10:51 AM

thankx for all your suggestions. to answer one question. im in Balad, Iraq. i do have a budget for my car. its about 15,000-20,000. if you wanna add in the labor. thats going to be hard because i belong to a car club that owns a shop. i was there before the shop. i get can get alot of work done free. plus we have a guy that works on engines. all he needs is parts. i still need ideas for a paint job. my first idea was smoke chrome, but it goes 10,000 into the budget. i will talk to the users on the site that you have told me about and see if i can get more ideas. thank you.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:19 PM

well for >5k you could have a nice turbo set up on the car and for another <u>></u>4k you could get a kit with a nice paint job on it for the car.

which kit and which color........well thats your choice that goes on your personal opinion.
what turbo and what componets to the kit?? well it sounds like SOCKS kit would be the best way for you to go in terms of performance.

i'm allways one who starts with the stereo first because i'm really into music and bass. so thats where i usually focus my attention to when i get a new project.