Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

My Tiburon...your Suggestions...

Old 12-05-2008, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok people this is the deal. I am currently in Iraq and i have a 2000 Hyundai Turbulence RD2. i have some plans for my car but i wanna know if theres anything different out there. i will explain one that is troubling me towards the end. all i can think of is the MPS body kit from Importshark.com. tubro and some internal engine upgrades and stuff like that. Borla exhaust. suspension upgrades. you can suggest anything. i have not bought anything yet. which i will come back and update this as i buy things. yes i will have the money. jus to give you a idea. before taxes per month im in the 10,000 range. no its not tax free. i use to be a soldier but im not anymore. so for the one thing that is troubling me. i have heard that the V6 does not fit in the 2000-2002 version of my car. but the place im having work on my car said they will make it fit. there is a website that makes a 800hp engine. i have thought of buying. so i dont know. looking for some suggestions...

Tiburonx253
Old 12-05-2008, 11:58 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Where to begin. This is in the wrong section but Ill move it for you.

Anyway, dont bother with the V6. Stick with the 4 and use a Beta2. It will be very strong if done correctly and the V6 isnt neccesary. Turbocharge the 4 cylinder and you are set. As far as built motor if you want to buy one already assembled I have actually been looking into suppliers now that I have a business license to become a wholesale dealer. I have been considering doing this for a while and if there is a demand it can be done. I built my whole motor myself and have been working on motors for a long time. I can build the block, head, and trans (rebuild with new synchros and install limited slip differential) If that is something you would like to discuss you can PM me. It costs a lot but will easily hold over 500hp.

As for turbo kit talk to user Socks here. He is putting some together that are a really nice kit. They can be further customized to your liking. What goals do you want HP wise? The guys on this site can make it happen if you got the money. Between a turbo kit and built motor expect about 10k most likely. That should be able to cover clutch and standalone as well.

Good luck and let us know what you need help with. The V6 would be a waste of money though.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

800 is a bit much for a street car

The V6 is an uphill battle, between fitment and reputedly weaker stock bottom end; the bottom of the I4 in stock form is good for 350HP, over 600 with supporting mods

GIT SOME for me, k?
Old 12-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

What do YOU want from the car? You seem like you'll have a lot of money and just want to throw it into the car to make something that's fast and looks good.

So what is it that you want? You're making $120,000/yr. with the inability to write legibly, and you want something to spend it on? What are you dealing?

Please tell me if I'm wrong, but reading through your post it seems that you just want to pay someone to do this for you. Are you going to fix it if it breaks? Do you want to know how to install stuff, or how to fix it? Or do you just want to pay someone to put it on?

This forum gives you the ability to learn about your car, do everything yourself, and know what it is you're doing. I'm asking because that really changes the way some people may answer your questions.

You can pay $10,000 and put a V6 in your Tib, and make it fast and look good....
Or you can pay $10,000 and turbocharge the 4 cylinder, do all the suspension upgrades and cosmetic changes that you want, and have it faster and look better.

If money is no object, ask the shop if they can make it AWD with an Evo transmission? That'd be one hellluva project.

Topic moved to General Performance.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:15 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

why not go for the genesis coupe and throw a huge turbo kit? they're uglier, but better. seems always to be the case with hyundai. dunno it just makes more sense than to litter money on these lost causes. putting 10k in an rd is going to drown you and you definitely won't be putting out any nice numbers.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I agree. Buy a Genesis and throw money into that. Hell, with $120k, buy a sedan and supercharger that v8!!
Old 12-05-2008, 02:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Borla doesn't make exhausts for us.

I'd start with research, when you have the time.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:38 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

well i'm going to assume the bad typing might be because hes in a hurry on the shared computers.

the first thing you need to do is RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. then after you found the answers to your questions (because i can almost be 100% positive that every question you have has been asked before) you go and search the other websites and see what other people are doing.

then after you searched your ass off. make a thread and get other opinions then make your purchases.

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT

DO NOT SKIP THE RESEARCH AND QUESTIONS PHASE OF MODING

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT

you will have a faster, safer, sexier car if you learn to use those search buttons.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:38 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

agreed ^^

you will have to look around, us telling you what WE want may night be what you want, theres pics all over the site of peoples car w/ mods and such, you want to find stuff you like, start by looking through the previous years car of the month/year threads, thats where i found almost all of the mods that i wanted to do to my tib
Old 12-05-2008, 06:36 PM

120k per year?! Do you work for blackwater or something haha?!

Buy an AMS evo.