Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

My New Magnaflow And Exhaust

Old 11-03-2005, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OdessitPashka @ Nov 3 2005, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>got it to works. Sounds pretty damn good, except little buzz at a take off, maybe it's just the camera though. It will sure sound good with a turbo wink1.gif</div>

the buzz is actually the muffler against a piece of metal in my bumper, it will be fixed tomorrow. the exhaust itself has little to no buzzing... i love it!! haha

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>forgot to ask, do you have an airram installed or something? and what kind of piping is it? mild steel?</div>

No airram, just AEM CAI. and yes its mild steel. I dont know what the deal is with yours man... sorry. I really am, i know how hard youve been trying for a sound you like.

But again, i love how it turned out. If/when the turbo mani changes the sound I hope it stays pretty close to how it is now, and if it changes Im hoping the sound of the turbo will make up for it!! haha
Old 11-04-2005, 12:10 AM

Vehicle: 1991 Olds Cutlass

Just witnessed this exhaust in person right adam wink1.gif

It sounds soooooo much better in person. fing02.gif
Old 11-04-2005, 02:21 AM

sounds clean to me
fing02.gif
Old 11-04-2005, 06:39 AM

how much did this all cost ya? and did you buy the hi-flo seperately or have the muffler shop supply one?..havnt checked the vids yet im at work and have no headphones. what muffler did you buy exactly? do you have the item #? was it race or street muffler?
Old 11-04-2005, 01:21 PM

$84 for the muffler (ebay), $46 for the cat (ebay), and $150 for the pipe and install. $280 in all, I dont think thats too bad. It was well worth it to me!

I also snapped a few more pics! here they are:

and the piping
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/ajs.../Picture071.jpg

also, I went back and got the buzzing fixed. They had left one of the old muffler hangers in there on accident and it was hitting the muffler...
Old 11-04-2005, 02:57 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^ i'm so jealous!! great outcome, looks great too!! now i'm positive that it's the GT Headers which is causing that low beaming sound in mine because instead of the headers curving down they curve higher and there's a long vertical leveled downpipe which i think the sound waves bounce off.

It's stated that the material inside of those mufflers isn't fiberglass but special sound supressant or something. anyhow these mufflers are great pieces. I still love mine and it's definitely a keeper.

i'd reccomend this to anyone who has the cash, love, and time to get one of these installed. with the sound in mine not being quite as hardcore as Tibminn's, it still has such a deep tone to it and no longer a chainsaw shaking on the highway. that honda accord with my muffler looks hot man!!! possible to get sound clips of that? when i get my airram in, and my 1.8L cams, i hope that it has that rumbling sound as well because that's just way too cool.

see how the rear bumper just splits the tips from the actual muffler? that's how i'm going to get mine to be and that's the very reason i got the Magnaflow with the shorter length tips laugh.gif

All in all, this is a great outcome for even all of us. Congrats Tibminn, and I don't think the sound will change all that much with the turbo manifold, if you've ever seen turbo manifolds they're way too small and short to sound like a racketing echo chainsaw pipe.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:47 PM

Definitely got a good deal for the money man smile.gif

HKC, turbo quiets and makes the exhaust sound a bit deeper...
Old 11-05-2005, 05:14 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Nov 4 2005, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>they're way too small and short to sound like a racketing echo chainsaw pipe.</div>

HAHAHAHA LMAO!!! haha.gif that was awesome
Old 11-27-2005, 01:36 AM

When I got this all set up, I didnt buy a flex pipe. I have friends with other cars that did this and have had NO problems at all.

BUT Ill be installing my turbo this winter, and I have the obx manifold (all re-enforced) which is supposedly prone to cracking even from the just weight of the turbo stressing it. It has a support now to help with the turbo, but Im thinking it might be safer to get a flex section now too so that the exhaust wont stress it more... what you guys think??
Old 01-27-2006, 11:42 AM

HKC.. what makes you think putting on the 1.8l cam and airram and such will give you a better sound with your exhaust? Trying to make love through your tailpipe I see? ;D