Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

My Ideas For Making The Megan Equal Length Header Fit Everything

Old 11-02-2009, 09:51 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, if it doesn't fit it doesn't fit I guess. In reality, that header for the money is great, it performs great, it looks great, and its crap. lol. But all the headers for under 600 bucks are crap, just thin metal, made more for looks than anything, it just so happens to make good power. So its not like buying some 1000 dollar piece thats supposed to have every tiny little thing included, its just a cheap option for a cheap crowd. Making it fit might just have to be left up to the customer. I just wanted to see if there was anything I could do, to make it easier to work with. Theres only 40 something of them left, and I wont do another run. If anything, I'll take one, mod the crap out of it to be bolt on for both styles of the GK (so that it'll fit the one with the flex pipe that has that 90º bend at the end), and see about sending that unit out for replication. Might not even be worth it, but for the cash, if I can make it bolt on, the GK guys would eat it up.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:52 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I have my beta trans here Im considering throwing into the X3. Have to see if any modification needs to be done. If I do that before I get headers, I would get some Megans off you for sure.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:24 PM

Power Steering Harness = The L shaped harness that bolts onto the block and is where the tensioner bolt is. the right side of it just barelyoverlaps the left side of the flange and I don;t believe it leaves enough clearance for a whole other flange..
Old 11-02-2009, 05:40 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

^ I think you mean bracket not harness.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:23 PM

^^^ I think you're correct.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 1997 Beta Swapped Accent

with a lil bit of thinkering everything fits!!!

Old 03-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

can you tell us each of the minor "tinkering" you had to do to make it perfect? If for nothing else, so Chris can pass this on to others?

those are some gorgeous CRAZY looking headers....
Old 03-11-2010, 08:33 AM

Like Blacktibs said, I used a 1/2" spacer and I when to the auto parts store and got the smallest slave I could find.

That slave I installed it on the other side of the base, closer to the tranny and measures the width of the base. Befor installing it I had to cut the same width from the push rod.

To install the slave on the other side I had to grind a little bit of the bottom so it could fit.

I hope every body understood me!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:06 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I didn't understand really, but I'm effin stoked either way. I'll post these pics on FlyRyde to show another application that these are running fine on. If you can go through what you did step by step, I'll pass that on to other 2.0 swap guys. Thanks so much!

HOLY crap, I didn't realize he actually followed my little idea. I feel so special, lol. Any pics of the lower flange? I dont know whats up with that push rod, as we dont get to see those on regular Beta setups. Very cool, and great work my man! Looks like you dont have very much of the studs available for the nuts to hold onto, which makes me wonder how big an effort it would be to get longer studs for the head? I think if this handled your issues, and others with elantras and such could simply install longer studs and do the spacer up top like you did, pretty much everything else would be fine? Anyone else wanna toss in an opinion?
Old 03-11-2010, 10:47 AM

what didn't you understand?