Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

My experiences with PowerChip

Old 11-22-2004, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best car game??????

Thanks guys, really appreciated. I was happy to help someone from the community, and it gave me an opportunity to work a little more on the ECU and do more extensive testing.

I did NOT touch the "tuning" of Powerchip in LeadFoot's chip though; I only fixed what was causing the CEL. I can tell you this though: it's obvious that Powerchip did NOT tune the chip on a dyno, as their "tuning" is constant through the RPM range. Also, they just modified the timing, not the fuel.

So currently you could say that I'b be able to make chips like Powerchip and the like, and even better, since mine gets no CEL and I can control fuel wink1.gif But I want to do some dyno-tuning first, if there's some demand.

My ultimate goal is still to be able to tune the stock ECU in order to be able to directly control bigger injectors and MAF. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm making good progress wink1.gif
Old 11-22-2004, 08:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Show me your beater.

IF there is demand?

Are you NUTS?

:twisted:
Old 11-22-2004, 08:32 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650
Default Re: Wide Body Fenders

There is demand, trust me wink.gif
Old 11-22-2004, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Tranny Irritating Me...

Im the first in line.. as long as you complete it before i get a standalone
Old 11-22-2004, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Show me your beater.

Well, there's ALWAYS demand, but there's not always people wanting to pay to get the actual item... wink1.gif

The fact is, if I do this, it'll cost me money (I need some tooling to continue cracking the ECU + LOTS of dyno time) so I need to examinate if it'd be worthy for me (worthy really meaning "won't lose any money"). The time it's taking me is also considerable.

But, I sure do want to continue. It would be SO cool to be able to tune ANY setup with the stock ECU... and you can imagine the money one would save with that setup versus a standalone when you think about the installation, the wiring harness, the additionnal sensors, the actual tuning, etc.

A good N/A chip could also be great for people who don't want to mess with an SAFC + MSD or another piggy-back. It's my opinion anyway that a piggy-back is worthless if you have a truly *optimal* chip and that you stay in the same mods "category" (ie, buying the chip when the car is stock and then adding all the bolt-ons would NOT require you to buy another chip). The chip would modify fuel and timing to get optimal power, and there's certainly ~10whp to get there with 93 octane gas.

I'm trying to gather some money to buy the tools I need, but it'll take some time. Hopefully, I should have something by the end of next spring, if all goes well. Let's hope wink1.gif
Old 11-22-2004, 09:23 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650
Default Re: Wide Body Fenders

Ball park figure on price :?:
Old 11-22-2004, 09:26 PM

Default Re: FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!! catback exhaust... head ahh (top end)

I'll be rooting for you man..spring is not that far away.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:57 AM

Default Re: I found my new rims!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (col96fx)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ball park figure on price :?:</div>

Well hehe... it's kinda hard to give a price for something that's not even finished. I still don't know what I'll have to offer, or when I'll be able to offer it.

I guess that for a "standard" chip, like the ones from Powerchip and Chiptorque, it'd be around $300, which would include socketing your stock ECU (I would keep at least 1 ECU "ready", so you wouldn't have to wait for me to actually socket your ECU, I would just send the one I have in hand).

I would like to give the possibility to tune the ECU as one like by flashing the ECU through the OBD2 port, altough THAT wouldn't cost $300 of course. But it would be reasonable. However, I'm far from sure that I'll be able to crack the protocol in a decent amount of time, so I don't know about that just yet.

Haaaa... someone is selling free time very cheap? I'd buy some! wink1.gif
Old 11-23-2004, 02:14 PM

Default Re: FS: REAL Carbon Fiber Wallets and Brief Bag/Case-LOWER P

Agarwal
I would definetly be interested at that price 10 WHP would be awesome

let me know when you would be ready, with equip and etc.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: SR Whiteface Guages

Agarwal, you need to IM me, I have a few sites that may help with your ODB2 plans...