Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

My experiences with PowerChip

Old 09-12-2004, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Revving at a complete stop?

Nope, they are.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:14 PM

Default Re: quick pics ... rd1

Intentional Double Post

I got my ECU back from PowerChip about a week ago, with their second attempt at reprogramming it. I had high hopes for it but they were crushed. I installed it, turned the car on and bam! Immediately got a CEL. Same error as previously mentioned.

I cleared it, did some driving and not to long after it happened again. I repeated this a couple times, maybe out of denial, I dunno. Same result though.

I gave Powerchip the bad news and they are bewildered and trying to figure out why it doesn't work. Trying to come up with another solution.

I'm left with a decision, do I keep messing with this thing (I am really getting tired of swapping the ECU in and out) or do I ask for my money back and get a SAFC or Emanage instead?

What do you guys think?
Old 09-29-2004, 02:17 PM

Default Re: My experiences with PowerChip

Its not a double post unless you post within 24 hours of the last one.

I say : Money back and Emanage.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:21 AM

Default Re: new transmission friday!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibwrcsbj)</div><div class='quotemain'>I say : Money back and Emanage.</div>

Yeah, that's the direction I'm leaning right now. I really don't want to yank the ECU again. It's a real pain and I"ve already stripped one of the bolts doing it this last time.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:41 AM

do what i do.. leave it on the floor lol
Old 10-06-2004, 01:34 PM

Default Re: FS:Custom Subwoofer Enclosure

Any news on this?
LeadFoot, you got a PM.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:50 PM

Default Re: hyundai Mice GB!!!

Agarwal, just replied to your PM.

As to an update, not much of one really. I talked to PowerChip again today. They were a bit evasive. They want to consult with their Australian counterparts and see if they can't figure something out, maybe even get an RD in their lab to work with for one more attempt at making this happen.

At the moment I'm giving them some time to see what they come up with. But if they get nowhere in the next week I'm putting my foot down.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Show me your beater.

Well, here I am 6 weeks later with an update to this. I suppose you could say some sort of resolution, in a round about way.

First off, big thanks to Agarwal, as he has provided me with a working reprogrammed chip for my ECU. And by working, I mean no CEL, no errors. I popped it in, drove for over 200km and not a glitch. So I for one can say that he's managed to succeed where Powerchip has failed.

And then there's Powerchip. I haven't got squat from them. Not impressed at all.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

This is good to hear, Argawal is getting more and more of my attention/respect as we go along. Good job, hope everything else works out.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Wide Body Fenders

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (silvertibbs)</div><div class='quotemain'>This is good to hear, Argawal is getting more and more of my attention/respect as we go along. Good job, hope everything else works out.</div>
+1 I had many doubt at first but hey.. Im glad I was wrong...