Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

My Exhaust Setup -suggestions?

Old 06-22-2005, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im pretty close to purchasing:

Maintec GT Headers

High Flow Cat

Apexi Catback

Any suggestions for the Cat Converter? I just want something that require no modification when paired to the Headers and Catback, and flows well.

Im hoping this will be pretty much bolt on because Im helping a friend with the install.

Do you think I'll need to weld/cut anything?

Thanks

Aviv
Old 06-22-2005, 09:30 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Well a good hi flow cat is catco from whative heard, but the problem is that you need to take it to a shop because they are universal, I wouldnt get a test pipe that I dont think requires mod but you may get a buzz, I wouldnt risk that though
Old 06-22-2005, 09:46 AM

Where are you buying the Apexi catback from? I thought Rick was sold out...

But yeah, on the high flow cat, unless you know how to weld you'll have to take it to an exhaust shop. I JUST had this done. The test pipe I had bolted up and fitted fine, but it sounded like ass. Getting a high flow cat on there w/flanges cost me $45 (+$50 for cat I bought on ebay), not too bad imo - and it sounded 500 times better.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:55 AM

I had flanges made for mine with about 3 inches of piping welded to it. Then I just clamped the cat to it. BTW I am using a Carsound highflow cat.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:38 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Chances are your going to have to weld and cut something... praying that three different pieces from three different companies will mate up with the rest of your exhaust is kind of a false hope.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:09 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

^ Well put.

It will require some slight modification I'm sure. Check with your local shops. THe one here in town will only touch exhaust parts that they have sold. IF so you might have to buy cat there. ??? Check it out though.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:43 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

somes slight modification needed.. I tell you the bends in the exhaust gots to go. dont do a one pice like i did, make a 2 or 3.. depend on the setup smile.gif