Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Is My Car Some Sort Of Mad Bastard Sent Back From The Future?

Old 06-23-2006, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Jun 23 2006, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I had a girlfriend who was all of five foot and 96 pounds..</div>

She was over 18...right?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:47 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Back when I had an auto tib, I honestly could not tell a difference between ECT on power or normal.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:15 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

ECT makes the car drive like an old granny car.

PWR makes it drive like a psycho car.

The difference before my CAI and plugs and wires was noticable.. now? jesus, it really stands up and growls and leaps forward pinning you to the seats.

The only small niggle that puts me off is it has it's flatspots.. IE - sometimes itll lose sequence if you spook it by coming off the gas and then you get the flat spot before it says "hey... MAAAAADDDD" but once you learn the power curve it's really pretty ace and acts much like a manual.

I'm getting on, I turned 32 at the start of the year and Im slowing down a bit.. and I really cant be arsed to drive stick.. it's not worth it around here with all the stopping and starting you have to do.

Ill try and get a vid of my car one day, it's not slow. I mean I have been in some slow 4cyl cars (focus zx3) and my car beats them to a pulp.

Infact to try and make it clearer.

You stomp the gas with ECT on and it goes. WOOOOO (pauuuuuuuuuse) WOOOOOO (pause) woooooooooo...

With PWR? WoooWOOOWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF lmao.

And it makes a beautiful sound, almost like it's boosting.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:22 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

you know what'd be crazy? being able to control your revs and exact shifting points whenever you wanted...

man that'd be sweet. if only they could come up with the technology. wink1.gif

rolleyes.gif
Old 06-24-2006, 01:31 AM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

heres one day i had with my ect on.. i mashed it and u hear the rpm jump. Not that great of a video but you know wassup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCXl18ZDNW8

ECT on OWns RD2 Auto transs haha
Old 06-24-2006, 04:42 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy @ Jun 24 2006, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>you know what'd be crazy? being able to control your revs and exact shifting points whenever you wanted...

man that'd be sweet. if only they could come up with the technology. wink1.gif</div>

It's called a manual transmission, Pat.

And 32 is NOT getting up there in age. I will be 36 this year and I feel just as good as when I was 21.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:46 AM

Oh I feel good Im just taking life easy and in my stride.. (long story involved dad dying at 35)

That vid is really cool, suprised me to see how quick they look when you gun them.. and see what I mean about that 'sounds like its boosting' sound?

I honestly cant believe they took that off the tib.. are they frikkin crazy or what?
Old 06-24-2006, 09:51 AM

cheap is probably a better word to use
Old 06-25-2006, 12:33 PM

So could that switch be added to an RD2? I always vowed that if anything happened to my RD1 I would get an RD2.. but honestly it'd HAVE to be manual.

I just could not drive a tib in ECT mode, it's too slow and doesnt have the power to get you out of trouble when you need it.

I drove mine extensively before switching the switch.. my cousin was so afraid of using more gas that he NEVER drove it in power.. but I could never go back.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:31 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>So could that switch be added to an RD2?</div>

Or could a tranny swap be done?

seriously after giving that english prick a ride in my rd2 (and listening to him b**** about the damn switch for an entire 45 mins), and finding metal chunks in my trans pan, Im thinkin of doin a swap. or would it just be easier to go to a man tran?

JK pandy, you're still cool in my book. At least until we get my seats in, then maybe things will change.